Music

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Re: Music

Post by dariunas »

Thank you :) - my brother heard some of it and thought I was playing Oblivion - I was thinking YES!!!!.

I was quite happy with Hurnscald, but I think Dimonds Cove could still use a few little tweaks and have a few little mixing aspects tidied up. I'm glad it's working for now though...

hmmmm, next track... not sure - I was thinking something for the cave under Dimonds Cove, but if you're looking for something for the forest area, I can have a go at that first?
mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

These tracks are really great! :D Keep up the good work!
Nyxl
Peon
Peon

Post by Nyxl »

Hi,

nice tracks, I like it :)

May I ask what you used to make them?

...by the way, this forum's description doesn't really seem to fit ;)
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Certainly :)

I use Sonar and Reason 2.5 at the moment. Those are the main ones. Usually I'd use Reason's modules as a slave application with Sonar, but for these, I used Reason alone. It's more commonly used for dance music, but it's a very versatile program :mrgreen:
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

dariunas wrote:Thank you Merlin :)

Have pretty much done with this one now...

http://www.infectedmusicdesigns.co.uk/T ... 20Cove.ogg

There are a couple of places where it might need a little tweaking. I'll come back to this track later and see as a few sections sounds a little cluttered and a few transitions could be smoothed, but apart from that, it's pretty much done...

it might be a little while before I do the next track as I will be spending most of next week overhauling my PC, which means rebuilding the actual hardware with new cables and hard drive, re-install OS... all that kinda stuff.

Hope you like the track. Someone mentioned there was a cave under Dimond's Cove... I might be able to use some of the music material to create a new track for the cave. I haven't seen the location, but I'll try my best.
Brilliant as always, I really love you work ;)

not much to say - good work!

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

As I mentioned in another thread, I love the new Hurnscald music. The one dariunas made for Dimond's Cove is also very good. I hope you will make more music for this game. The music in several areas is too stressful in my opinion, especially the one in woodland. But I like the cave music, please don't change that one. :)
nycsounddesign
Peon
Peon

Post by nycsounddesign »

Hello, I am available to collaborate on the musical scoring for the mana world.
I have sent an email to the development team, and I believe to the composer, or one of the composers for the mana world, but I am trying to find the right people to speak to. If anyone who sees this post could please visit my website www.nycsounddesign.com, and/or drop me a line to tell me where to get any and all sound clips and information to the appropriate sound development team or individual, I would appreciate it!
Thanks for your time! www.nycsounddesign.com
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

nycsounddesign wrote:Hello, I am available to collaborate on the musical scoring for the mana world.
I have sent an email to the development team, and I believe to the composer, or one of the composers for the mana world, but I am trying to find the right people to speak to. If anyone who sees this post could please visit my website http://www.nycsounddesign.com, and/or drop me a line to tell me where to get any and all sound clips and information to the appropriate sound development team or individual, I would appreciate it!
Thanks for your time! http://www.nycsounddesign.com
Hi nyc. I've had a quick skim read of your email and myspace messages etc. (thank you :) )

By the way, anyone who hasn't checked out your myspace music page, should! http://www.myspace.com/boycottparis

It seems you're as well versed in sound design as you are composition. I'd be very much happy to collaborate :) The only possible obstacle would be any differences in software or the kind of audio formats we share... that shouldn't be a problem to get over though... You may have noticed my activity reduced over the last few weeks - this has been due to many other important matters popping up, meaning I haven't been able to prioritise this project lately as I would have liked to. I don't believe the TMW developers would have any objections considering the calibre of your music. (I have to say I LOVE Brother Nickel - a really, really nice track!) The Bathing Empress also dripping with atmosphere - I like how the sound texture shifts throughout the track :)

I will be touch properly with some details of how we can begin working together and discuss how we'll do this. I think the TMW developers would prefer that where possible, all communication be done via the forum in keeping with open development, so people can jump in and express opinions at each stage.

I think that's about it really - let's see what we can come up with...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

All I can say once again is welcome aboard.
This message used to be meaningful.
nycsounddesign
Peon
Peon

Post by nycsounddesign »

Excellent! Wow, thanks for the kind words!
I can't wait to start!
nycsounddesign
Peon
Peon

New Track

Post by nycsounddesign »

I have uploaded a new track to the following url:
http://www.nycsounddesign.com/The_Mana_ ... Test01.ogg

Due to bandwidth limitations, I may have to eventually remove it, but it's up right now, and I am open to feedback about it.

I didn't know what setting to write for, so I composed a song "loop" which seems to me to be suitable for a forest environment, or maybe a marketplace, gloomy tavern, or a castle.

It's also pretty minimalist so that dariunas can collaborate with me on it.

Please offer any comments on it's texture, pacing, quality, etc. so that the best possible music for the gameplay can be written.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

It would probably be best if you started your own thread for each song you do, since it generally keeps things neater. =)

And if it would be hard for you to keep songs up on your website due to bandwidth reasons, you should consider uploading the song to a free file host. (I like Mediafire, no Captchas, no file removal, resumable downloads, unlimited bandwidth/disk space, multiple downloads at a time.;)) </spam> lol

I will comment on the song when it's in it's own thread. :)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
nycsounddesign
Peon
Peon

Post by nycsounddesign »

Cool, I will do that, and Thanks for the mediafire info. I will check it out.
nycsounddesign
Peon
Peon

Post by nycsounddesign »

The new thread was started at the following url:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =21&t=4385

in the sound development section of the forums, I also uploaded the song to mediafire.com, as suggested.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

The links that do work are great. I wonder why these submissions have not been implemented yet. Isn't every separate area considered a map? Some would be great outdoor tunes in Hurnscald.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak