How did you come here?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
zc456
Newly Registered User

Re: How did you come here?

Post by zc456 »

I was going through the list of open source games out of boredom from Wikipedia. Decided to see if there was an MMO just for shits and giggles then I wind up finding Mana World first. :mrgreen:
Stay frosty, Squeaks
Provoked
Newly Registered User

Post by Provoked »

I just googled tibia-like mmorpg. And got a tip from a guy called Superkoop on a linuxforum. Completely random but hey! here i am.

And i like what i´ve seen so far!
How is the development crew at the moment? If you need any help in the graphics department or support section et.c. Let me know, i would really want to contribute to this game since i see a great future for it.
Aaaaaaalrighty-then!
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

Provoked wrote:I just googled tibia-like mmorpg. And got a tip from a guy called Superkoop on a linuxforum. Completely random but hey! here i am.

And i like what i´ve seen so far!
How is the development crew at the moment? If you need any help in the graphics department or support section et.c. Let me know, i would really want to contribute to this game since i see a great future for it.
Pixel artists are in high demand right now. If you have skill in this area and/or are willing to learn, you would be most welcome. If you want to get started, you can reference this page for development guidelines. You may also want to join #tmw-dev on IRC and speak to some of the folks there.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Provoked wrote:And got a tip from a guy called Superkoop on a linuxforum.
That name rings a bell. Wasn't there a developer a long time ago with a name like that?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Crush wrote:
Provoked wrote:And got a tip from a guy called Superkoop on a linuxforum.
That name rings a bell. Wasn't there a developer a long time ago with a name like that?
No.
wirosableng
Newly Registered User

Post by wirosableng »

This game is part of ubuntu repo. And I try almost all the program in ubuntu.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

My friend invited me :mrgreen:
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

I was searching for some games to play via the website Ubuntu-fr and I found the page on MMORPGs.

First, I've just seen pictures of the game. I like the style of graphisms. After that I came on this website to download and install that great game :)
Bytor
Newly Registered User

Post by Bytor »

Found in Ubuntu & Debian repositories, after searching for Linux based games. Enjoy the game for the game.
Huriin
Newly Registered User

Post by Huriin »

I was searching around for an interesting open source project and I ran across this in the Ubuntu Software Center.
ObenDevin
Peon
Peon

Post by ObenDevin »

I'm a newbie so i have lots of problems and questions about the game.. While i was searching about whispering through google saw here.. :D
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

ObenDevin wrote:I'm a newbie so i have lots of problems and questions about the game.. While i was searching about whispering through google saw here.. :D
whisper in game TiaPeluca or Auntwig :)
Abandi
Newly Registered User

Post by Abandi »

I have play this game for 3-4 years. Now i want to play this game again but dont have the login-datas for my 5x-charakter. So i begin a new game now :mrgreen:
Abandi12 Level 4x
[Germany]
twiistedkaos
Peon
Peon

Post by twiistedkaos »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:I'm just curious, I'd like to know how did you get here?
What where you looking for?
Wich search engine did you use?
To be perfectly honest, I use linux. Our gaming options are limited. Especially in the MMORPG genre. None the less, Stumbled onto The Mana World through a package manager a few years back. Been playing off and on since.
Main Character: Scylar lvl 70+
Alt Character: Folly lvl 40+

Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

Heh, funny story (maybe). My boyfriend was trying to ease me into gaming (and see what my computer can handle (turns out, not much). TMW worked and didn't make my computer go on the frizz. He has since left because he had to focus more on work (and getting enough sleep :P ). I am still around, slowly leveling and making friends... maybe someday GM? We shall see.