[DIS] Finished Graphics?

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Re: Finished graphics ready to be added

Post by enchilado »

Wow, thanks for doing all this, Ali-G. It's very helpful. So.

I haven't examined everything in detail, but:

Knit Cap: it looks good, but it uses a great deal too many shades. The palette needs to be reduced to five or six different shades.

Gladiator Helmet: rather cartoony and rough. It's the shape of a helmet, but it doesn't look like a helmet. It lacks shininess and detail. This would need a full makeover to be used.

Sunglasses: the frames look too dark, and the lenses look flat and dull. They should be more reflective-looking.

Futuristic Glasses: the lenses don't look too bad, but the frame should be lighter.

Assassin Cap: in a similar way to the Gladiator Helmet, this just doesn't seem to be made of anything. It's a shaded shape and not very well shaded at that.

Barrel: probably good enough, but the death frame will need to be adjusted so the player is at the bottom of it and not floating in the middle. A real barrel has six hoops, but that probably doesn't matter too much. The hoops could be shinier and more metallic, too.

Visor Helmet: suffers from directional pillowshading, which makes it look formless and flat.

Herb Crown: looks more like yellow plastic than gold, and the herbs have no apparent way of being attached. I think it's rather silly but the shape is alright if someone wants to improve the shading and give the herbs an outline.

Burglar Mask: again, directional pillowshading. It's hard to do much better on a sprite that small but it can be done. Needs an outline.

Pan Hat: the shape needs to be more precise; it's very rough. It also uses a lot of shades and has inconsistent (pillow) shading.

Winged Helm: possibly a bit dark, but I like it.

Trozz: the shape of the body is very jagged. For a creature like this a lot of effort would need to be put into making the neck smoothly curved. It doesn't appear to have any muscle, either; it's just a tube with scattered shading. And I don't like the motion blurring at all; that's not how it should be done.

Sick Tree: as a concept sketch I really like it. As a finished piece of pixel art it has too many shades and not enough detail.

New dyer NPC: like the design, but is missing a dark outline in some places. The bottom of the shirt and top of the pants are very square, too, and the folds in the hanging shirts don't like like folds but dark lines (although you can tell what they're supposed to be).
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Great feedback enchilado. Well I'm only a poor mapper so if anyone wants to have a try, let it be. Again, I don't think we actually need the best art in game and usually players can't make the difference between good and bad art but that doesn't mean all of that don't need to be improved, of course not.

About the barrel, no the player doesn't levitate in the barrel while being dead, the xml was made to avoid that :P

Best regards,
Ali-G
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Enchi i did some improvements to this arts but if you dont like it plz feel free to improve it yourself and stop just talking about it!!!
Edit: ali wrote: plz dont answr this topic... Sorry bro but me was pissed off!
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

ChefChelios wrote:Edit: ali wrote: plz dont answr this topic... Sorry bro but me was pissed off!
You are entirely right ChefChelios, however I'll remove that now. I just didn't want someone to interrupt me while I was adding all of the images and xml files. This is now a subject of discussion and improvement.
I know you did a lot of improvements ChefChelios but the thing is that enchilado is the one who decides if the art can get in game or now, not you, we can't do anything for that. He already works on many things at a time so we'll need help from everyone for that.

Best regards,
Ali-G
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [DIS] Finished Graphics?

Post by Alige »

Updated the Winged Helm added its xml made by the great Dark_Mage.
Last edited by Alige on 21 Sep 2011, 16:54, edited 2 times in total.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Does that look better?
Attachments
barrel-spritesheet.png
barrel-spritesheet.png (22.33 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I lightened the frames on the my glasses. They are about as light as I can make them before I get to grey instead of the off black. I might be able to bump the value up a few more if need be thou. They should be suitable now.
Attachments
futuristic-glasses-spritesheet.png
futuristic-glasses-spritesheet.png (625 Bytes) Viewed 4053 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Winged Helm (can be renamed to Valkyrie Helmet), Barrel and Futuristic Glasses (another better name would be nice) were updated on the first page of this topic. Thanks for the good work MerlinX420. :)
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I went a bit lighter and this time I didn't forget the Inventory Icon. >.>
Attachments
futuristic-glasses-icon.png
futuristic-glasses-icon.png (2.86 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
futuristic-glasses-spritesheet.png
futuristic-glasses-spritesheet.png (611 Bytes) Viewed 4004 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Updated the futuristic glasses and the trozz on the first page of this topic.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

all armor and weapons still need editing from what i can tell..i have been RL-bisy ...

imo thing should be put above all other editing and *sigh* hats....

ill comeing back at the end of this mouth (hopefully) ..

good luck all-------- skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Ali-G wrote:Assassin Cap - meway

Comments:
Everything seems to be done.
enchilado wrote: Assassin Cap: in a similar way to the Gladiator Helmet, this just doesn't seem to be made of anything. It's a shaded shape and not very well shaded at that.
Face.... Desk..... Do you two not see the death frame? Of all things you comment on the shading. Ouch... :roll:

BTW this is finished Image xml no longer exists and needs to be recreated.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Here is a blade that could be nice in game. Even if we don't have blade spritesheets for now doesn't mean we can't add the graphics to the database. They can be released when the spritesheet will be done, orelse that means it'll get forgotten, same as all the other graphics we have on forum. This blade was taken from here.
sword-darkblade-icon.png
sword-darkblade-icon.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
Here is the gasmask we would need for some Thermin projects. It was taken from here.
gasmask-spritesheet.png
gasmask-spritesheet.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ali-G wrote:Here is a blade that could be nice in game
There are alot of items that would be nice for the game, even on the wiki it shows alot of good weapons that would be great for it, i was told the reason why its not in the game was because of the spritesheets and how there is none for them. This sword would be just another item like this, unless people will start adding the items from the wiki to like the broad sword.

I really like the herb crown and knit cap btw xD

Chicka,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

did you try testing it?
by the way...nice sword :)
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox