TEST: Barbarians

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Re: TEST: Barbarians

Post by jessyb03 »

Something similar happened to me. I was playing the quest with Josen outside and he died without doing anything.
I also had some monsters spawn outside the hunting area.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

taree wrote:Jenalya, we managed to replicate the Very Strange Thing i told you about earlier.
ps. isn't it suspicious that two fluffies seem to have died outside the area in the screenshot?
jessyb03 wrote:Something similar happened to me. I was playing the quest with Josen outside and he died without doing anything.
I also had some monsters spawn outside the hunting area.
Thanks for finding this bug. I suspect the rudolph slimes that get spawned by the santa slimes outside the area to cause this, but I'm not sure and don't really understand how it happens.
I plan to replace the santa slimes with the wolvern as soon as the graphics are ready and we can add it. We can test if the bug still occurs then.

Also I just added a third part of the quest series, given by Yerrnk after doing the fluffy hunting and the wolvern ambushs.
It'd be good if some of you could test it, especially when doing it with more than one person the same time.
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

I have a question about the fluffy ambush... I had it happen like 5 times as I walked out of the area, is that normal?
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

jessyb03 wrote:I have a question about the fluffy ambush... I had it happen like 5 times as I walked out of the area, is that normal?
On the map there are certain points which can trigger an ambush while you're doing that quest. The probability of an ambush is based on the number of monsters you already defeated.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I just added the wolvern, without drops for now. It is intended for mid-level characters, about 40-60. I'd like some feedback about:

1) The wolvern itself, does it fit the intended level range?

2) Kimarr's quest
In the fluffy hunting minigame the Santa Slimes were replaced by the wolverns, so it can be tested if this bug is fixed without the Rudolph Slimes spawned outside of the fighting area:
taree wrote:what i did:
1. stand next to the quest when knight is killing fluffies
2. do nothing at all
3. die

also, i have about a hundred messages that say "taree! this hunt is for Knight alone!", but i wasn't doing any magic or anything at all.
3) Birrod's quest
I replaced the dummy fluffies used in that quest with the wolverns. Does the difficulty match the level range (minimum level 40) it is intended for?
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I reduced the stats of the wolvern based on some feedback to make it fit better the intended level range.

But I didn't really get much feedback on the quests itself, so here's still some testing needed.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

There are now monsters on the new maps 033-1, 034-1, 044-1, 044-3 and 045-1.
pedrozs
Newly Registered User

Post by pedrozs »

I´ve found something that seems to be wrong.

I asked kimarr for the quest, but then i didn't drop anything, therefore i didn't kill any fluffies. And when the time reached it's limit he said something like "great that was amazing, talk to me again and I'll give you your reward". As he said i talked again and he gave me the Yeti skin shirt.

I will continue doing the quest and edit the post if find anything else that seems go wrong.

Sorry for my English, (correct anything wrong please)
Pedro.-
Last edited by pedrozs on 11 Jan 2012, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Severus - Godric - Pedrozs
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

pedrozs wrote: I asked kimarr for the quest, but then i didn't drop anything, therefore i didst kill any fluffies. And when the time reached it's limit he said something like "great that was amazing, talk to me again and i'll give you your reward". As he said i talked again and he gave me the Yeti skin shirt.
Did you try the quest with a level 1 character? If so then I found the problem. I just checked the script and replaced the formula for the minimum amount of fluffies you need to defeat:

Code: Select all

set $@Fluffy_Min, (BaseLevel*7)/10;
replaced with

Code: Select all

set $@Fluffy_Min, 1 + (BaseLevel*7)/10;
Since the previous formula resulted in 0 for a level 1 character.

Thanks for reporting this. :) I just updated the testserver with my fix.
pedrozs
Newly Registered User

Post by pedrozs »

Yep, after doing the quest I thought that that might be the problem, the lvl of my char, anyway it would be really strange to see a lvl 1 char doing that quest.. But thanks for fixing it!

Regarding the second quest, i couldn't get any Wolverns spawned, i mean, they never ambushed me...
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

pedrozs wrote: Regarding the second quest, i couldn't get any Wolverns spawned, i mean, they never ambushed me...
The amushs are placed all over 034-1, mainly on glades between the trees. When you step on one of that places, there's a random chance for an ambush, the chance decreases with the number of ambush-Wolverns you already killed.
The idea behind this placement is that players could be hunting other monsters and while moving all over the map sooner or later gets ambushed.
pedrozs
Newly Registered User

Post by pedrozs »

Finally they attacked! But it seems to me that the chances to be ambushed are a bit low, or the places that activate the script to few, don't know which one. But it took at least 10 minutes to me to be ambushed for first time...
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

pedrozs wrote:Finally they attacked! But it seems to me that the chances to be ambushed are a bit low, or the places that activate the script to few, don't know which one. But it took at least 10 minutes to me to be ambushed for first time...
I had a look at the script again and because of a switched "greater than"/"lower than" in the random check the probabilty for getting ambushed was actually low for having no wolverns killed yet and would get greater for killing more. Good catch!
I fixed that and now you're getting ambushed quite fast. Please test again. :)
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

The stats I used were a level 45 archer with no focused skills. With aprox 45 dex, 20 vit and 15 agi... I also used a regular forest bow with normal arrows and a standard archer outfit.
( I also tried something similar with a warrior, same level, similar stats and a setzer, if I keep moving, I won't die)

In the fluffy hunting quest I killed 32 and dropped about 10 apples at a time. Nothing weird happened and no Yetis or wolverns spawned.

1 wolvern alone would hurt me about 20.
My first ambush was of 3 wolverns and if I kept my distance I would survive. But after about 20 more steps, another ambush happened with 7 more wolverns and I instantly died.

Personally I like the quests. I loved the fluffy hunting, and the wolvern ambushs. I even liked the new Reinboos.

Still haven't tried the raging skill though!

Edit: Just got a Wolvern Pelt. Very nice drop by the way.
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

taree wrote: level 60 archer, speed skill 9
stats: 1 50 8 1 90 1
killed 54 fluffies

level 80 warrior, speed skill 9
stats: 50 75 45 1 50 45
killed 52 fluffies
This is precisely why it seems to be a good quest as is - with Yeti's spawning as they are. An archer 20 levels lower should not be able to kill more fluffies than a warrior 20 levels above. Yeti payback!