[WIP] Thermin Tilesets

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Thermin Tilesets

Post by Big Crunch »

meway wrote:update.
the rocks are mere variations of one another. They need to be more different, imo.
sexy red bearded GM
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

update
Attachments
ice land.png
ice land.png (7.15 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the snow is too white and too uniform. Are you still working on that?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

yes. Also working on a better cliff side of things. You can't make it taller as is. The white color is just a fill in for now. The snow will eventually have a light grain of sorts.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Update
Attachments
example.png
example.png (18.56 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (2.98 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

That is a great start but this seems to be a 1 tile high cliff. Could you also make a 2 tiles high cliff that doesn't use the same scheme as this one? It would be quite nice imho if we could have both different cliff tiles.

Keep it up, looks like an awesome start to me,
Ali-G
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

This tile-set is only 1 tile high yes. Although 3+ tile high sets are ideal ones like this will be ideal IMO for building foundations and as displayed in the example. I will be working on a more adjustable set.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I started to make an outside fence for the thermin-outdoor tileset.
walls-1.png
walls-1.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
What still needs to be done in overall:
  • Add my fence to the outside tileset.
  • Fix and finish my fence.
  • Clean up the 3 tilesets (indoor, outdoor, cave).
  • Add a 4 tiles fringe on the cave tileset.
  • Post the three tilesets here when all of this will be done.
Best regards,
Ali-G
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

a little more done. still have alot to do.
I still need to do the door-way and other window from the inside view.
There's more I still need to do before we even even put any of this for consideration into inclusion for the tilesets.
I was going to do a wood fence but I like the stone fence idea. There's still lots of stuff I want to make for fringe so this might take awhile.
I'm mainly concentrating on furniture and wood objects atm even thou I plan on some steam punk type stuff.
Attachments
map.png
map.png (82.37 KiB) Viewed 4557 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I really like the job you're doing MerlinX420, I really appreciate it since I will (hopefully) be the one to play with these tilesets. :)

Just a small thing I had in mind: I see we have several stuff in that thermin-indoor tileset however some don't belong into an indoor tileset so i think you should take a lot of stuff from several tilesets already made in TMW, indoor and outdoor, paste them in the thermin-indoor and thermin-outdoor tilesets and adapt the graphics like you wonderfully did with the bed (I really like the back of it) or just remove them if you don't think they can be adapted.

On my side, I don't think I can be of any use here, I just threw a random idea about the stone fence but I'm really too bad in pixel art to continue working on that.

Best regards,
keep it up,
Ali-G
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Adding these sort of lamps to the thermin outdoor tileset would be a great thing too.
Attachments
lamp.png
lamp.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

I agree about the lamps....more metal items in general...the area produces metals.
People tend build with the materials they have locally.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

updated worksheet.
I plan on adding more metal, still have tons left to do and still will have to start separating stuff into the appropriate set(s)
Attachments
map.png
map.png (96.61 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

MerlinX420 wrote:I plan on adding more metal, still have tons left to do and still will have to start separating stuff into the appropriate set(s)
Looks awesome. I agree with you, the 3 tilesets need to be cleaned up and organised. Moreover, I would really like to see a 4.4 tiles fringe item (a giant well made rock would really be awesome) in the cave tileset. Another, different one in the outside one would be great too or maybe a 4.4 pile of metal pieces, I don't know.

Keep it up MerlinX420, keep it up! Your work is really appreciated, at least by me.

EDIT: The small chimney full of fire should 1) be an animated tile 2) could maybe be a NPC: you click on it and can forge your own ingots yourself. That is just a personal thought.

Best regards,
Ali-G
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

One thing that bugs me about these "sets" are that the interior and exterior walls don't match in color or pattern.

I would like to know what I should do about this. I'm thinking of scrapping the interior walls and replacing them with a suitable edit of the exterior walls to bring SOME sort of resemblance to the outside and inside of this set. Originally that's what I planed to do but then someone made the interior set with walls that don't match in any way shape or form.
MerlinX420