Barber discussion [split from "Ali-G patch review" in Council]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Barber discussion [split from "Ali-G patch review" in Council]

Post by Alige »

Here is a patch that removes the barber from north Tulimshar since we already have one in the bazar of Yulimshar. Also made Olana offer the barber options when the player finished the Rossy Quest.

http://pastebin.com/LZjb4nuR
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Ali-G patch review

Post by Jenalya »

Ali-G wrote:Here is a patch that removes the barber from north Tulimshar since we already have one in the bazar of Yulimshar. Also made Olana offer the barber options when the player finished the Rossy Quest.
I'm unsure if it is a good idea to take away reasons for the players to go to Tulimshar.
Therefore I'd like to hear more opinions about this.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Why not leaving both in tulimshar as it is, but additionally add Olana as a barber?
---
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Jenalya wrote:I'm unsure if it is a good idea to take away reasons for the players to go to Tulimshar.
Therefore I'd like to hear more opinions about this.
Well, people barely go to tulimshar anyway even if getting a hair cut it only takes about 30 seconds to get there and die back to hurnscald. So i dont see the harm in having it. Having a barber in almost every city does make sense as well. Besides people still use the tulimshar arena and go there for the snake cave and other resources it has to offer it wouldnt really make a big difference in the population in tulimshar.

So..i would say the patch is a nice idea.

Regards,
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Lots of division on this one ... I'd remove one of the barbers from Tulimshar, but not add it to Olana.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

I also think it would be a better idea to remove one of the barbers from tulimshar and add one in hurnscald, but not using olana.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

alastrim wrote:I also think it would be a better idea to remove one of the barbers from tulimshar and add one in hurnscald, but not using olana.
I agree with this, i suggested moving lssay into olanas home and making him "apart of the family" but idk if it would be considered.
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Barber discussion [split from "Ali-G patch review" in Co

Post by Alige »

So, what has been the final decision?
Nard