CONCENTRATION THREAD - Tulimshar, phase 1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

bahamutian
Peon
Peon

Post by bahamutian »

This is about the 3d Map model:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/M ... ar_3D3.jpg

The 3D model does look great, but it does have some defense related issues.

I agree with whomever said that the right side of the map has a wall covered over. While this may be fine for an over-run kingdom, it is an extreme weak point in defense for the kingdom. If it is included as is, there should be a way to fix the damage.

The plateau in the back is another extreme weak point in defense. The high ground is a good defensive position, especially for archers and I would imagine mages too. It provides defensive areas that can be fired from, but difficult to hit. A better idea would be to totally encapsulate the plateau by the wall. If the plateau continues as the image kinda implies, then build a wall up the side of the plateau and some walls on top of it.

If the plateau has been excavated to turn it into a palace, then it would make sense to make it more defensible.

The gates in front of the plateau are the palace gates and should really be taller then the rest of the walls, to provide a staggered defense should the outer wall fail. The guarded plateau would be another fallback position.

It does appear that the desertification caused the overrunning of the walls by the sand, but they would rebuild the walls to fix those problems.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i suggest to make an npc who says exactly what you say and complains that noone listens to him and that all will be sorry when tulimshar is invaded some day.
:roll:
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The strangest topic bump in a while.. :roll:
This message used to be meaningful.
Mikael
Peon
Peon

Post by Mikael »

Sorry for not posting anything/doing anything :/

Here's a weapon concept that could be useful:
http://origin.defines.us/concepts/epic/devilsBane.jpg
[EDIT] Ignore the cheesy info on the pic :P

I'll try to get those tomb concepts done this year :D
// Mikael
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I love the sword... although it has nothing to do with Tulimshar, right? :roll:
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

This is another lot of random ideas which dont't portrait any defined building ready to pixel, specially the drafts at the bottom, but serve to show what I'm working on. I will try to do more defined concepts with the most popular ideas.
------------------------------------------------------------
For Tulismhar. A tower with an arabesque flavour. Windows, a dome and flags.
NOTE to pixel artists: I think towers should be tileable in a way we could add diferent domes and different ornaments to the top, like flags, a weathercock,etc.
ImageImageImage
Abstract concepts. Not much to say here. Only that is an idea I'm elaborating for the microcity-inside-a-city approach for the elite's "palace" (not longer palace actually, you know the story...;)).
Probably the most well defined sketch of the day. Is a hut for the nomads that live/sleep at the city skirts.
This one in particular is well constructed and strong, is a building made for longer than usual stays and belongs to rich traders/rich merchants/etc. Most of the rest of the travellers have more humble houses/tents.
NOTE: We should establish classes between nomad visitors too.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I like the tower top a lot, great sketch! I like the nomands structure too, it has a nice shape.
Mikael
Peon
Peon

Post by Mikael »

I didn't feel like creating a topic just for this one so I'll post it here. Just to show that I'm still alive :P

He is a swordsman of some kind, fairly agile, success based on skill and speed, not on brute force (as his body structure indicates).
// Mikael
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Before someone flames about the ears and such, they should remember that this is bouncing wild ideas around for equipment details and decorations.
This message used to be meaningful.