[WIP] SERPENT BOSS

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

vuthh
Newly Registered User

[WIP] SERPENT BOSS

Post by vuthh »

what do you say guys? :?:
Attachments
SERPENT.png
SERPENT.png (2.38 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: SERPENT BOSS

Post by Alige »

Lacks shading, color, texture. Moreover a monster needs a spritesheet, not a single image. If that is your first work on pixel art, great job! Keep it up!

Best regards,
Ali-G
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

There was also work done previously on a this type of mob: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... snake+lord

No harm in trying to make a better one - but maybe keep them all on the same thread.
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
vuthh
Newly Registered User

Post by vuthh »

i know but im a beginner
i see it that give me and idea to help for the developement of mana
:mrgreen:
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

The shape could do with some improvement - making the coils a bit more rounded, and the face more snake-like, but the main problem is your shading. Firstly, the outline shouldn't have a value of less than about 15 (and can often be 20 or 25), and it should be the darkest part of the sprite. You've used pure black, which of course has a Value of 0, and also brought it inside the sprite to use as the spots.

Much more noticeable is the lack any lighter or darker areas. Parts of an object facing toward the lightsource (and with nothing obscuring them) will be lit, and parts of an object away from the lightsource (or with something obscuring them) will be dark. Here's a quick example.
SERPENT.png
SERPENT.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
(Please also note that all graphics development threads should have a tag in their title; I've added a [WIP] one for you.)
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Re: [WIP] SERPENT BOSS

Post by ChefChelios »

All i can see is a good concept. (Great job!). but you(Ali&Enchi) talk about shading, textures&co... Thats just wrong... Plz read some old topics. First we need a good outline... Next is the animation... And at least colour, shading and or texture... Do it step by step and dont talk about the finished art! Plz stop spitting out your knowledge to the beginners! this is irritating to new ppl... I know my English is bad but i hope you know what i want to talk about...
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [WIP] SERPENT BOSS

Post by salmondine »

+1 chef this is concept art and, I like the concept.