My GFX, Devs please read.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Adarias
Peon
Peon

Post by Adarias »

my personal opinion is that freedom = opportunity for exploitation and theft and that any game ever made should use direct permission and licensing, but w/e. GPL robs the artists of their control over their work which has never been something im fond of, and besides, who wants to make a game with stolen (ok, so its more like borrowed) graphics?
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Adarias wrote:my personal opinion is that freedom = opportunity for exploitation and theft and that any game ever made should use direct permission and licensing, but w/e. GPL robs the artists of their control over their work which has never been something im fond of, and besides, who wants to make a game with stolen (ok, so its more like borrowed) graphics?
GPL is just a license. Period. If you don't want others to use your work just don't use it. And I don't consider that a rob at all...
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Would the original author of the sprite (Necromus) please come forward and state his/her opinion clearly so we could end this discussion? This is the only way the discussion would end nicely and efficiently. This is unfortunately quite unprobable.

Discussing about GPL and other licenses in general here is clearly offtopic.
This message used to be meaningful.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Exactly. Anyway if we are talking about the banner on site, then you eg. now have to grant me the possibility to use and modify the banner you have made. (I think I am going the one modified by Tenche on my TMW workshop page).

Regards.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

damnit i read this too late
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

i know i was just playing around jezze