[Ban] KayLohn for AFK Botting.

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[Ban] KayLohn for AFK Botting.

Post by mistergrey »

KayLohn was killing sea slimes and giant maggots, and didn't respond to a botcheck. He stopped killing before the end, but did not answer, and when he began killing again he also failed to answer within the allotted time. Player may request a reset.
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_784.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_784.png (384.46 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
kaylohn
Newly Registered User

Re: [Ban] KayLohn for AFK Botting.

Post by kaylohn »

Hi!

First and foremost I would like to thank the people behind TMW for this marvelous, highly addictive and fun game!

Secondly, yes, I was using ManaBot client for automating the killing task BUT was not AFK... in reality I was SOK (Slept on Keyboard, at the time I was banned it was approximately near dawn (5:30am or so in my Country)). I have also developed RSI in my right wrist while playing TMW consecutively for 3 days using ManaPlus gathering Raw Logs and Bandit Hoods, hence ManaBot.

I am a developer by profession and have become a TMW fan. Meeting project deadlines and at the same time playing RPG's over the net isn't an easy task. I am totally against botters, but in my case it wasn't done in the 'classic' sense of botting. I just wanted to make my life easier by automating the repetitive monster killing task considering the low drop rates and slow game/ character progression (even at Lev 57 visiting Graveyard was a NIGHTMARE).

Lastly, I would suggest that the ban mechanism should be improved. Instead of banning for life/ permanently, GM's may instead ban for 3 days to a week or so, so the rules are better enforced without the player getting disgruntled for abrupt permanent ban.

Sorry GM, I couldn't beat sleep NOR addiction. Care for a reset, please!

I would like to thank genesis_junior for his unrelenting help in getting me started playing and understand TMW and ofcourse all other players for their help.

Best,
Kay
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

You are only permanently banned if you have botted twice. If this is your first offence botting you can ask for a character reset. So your level would be back to 1 again.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kaylohn
Newly Registered User

Post by kaylohn »

Thanks yubabax116

......but why would I need a reset and get back to Lev 1? IMHO, isn't it a bit absurd?

Wouldn't I just create a new character?

I feel I should wait till a GM/ 'Judge' responds to my post (no offense to you!)
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

You can either request a reset or you can create a new character. Either way, the end result is essentially the same, but you get to keep the name in the former case.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
kaylohn
Newly Registered User

Post by kaylohn »

Thanks!

Time to quit, I guess!

:D

Will miss you TMW :(
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Hi KayLohn, I know resetting the level seems harsh, but in the case of people afk botting, the punishment is harsh so people won't take it lightly. Your reasons are understandable and I definitely sympathize, but this really isn't so bad. You still retain the items you had, many of which are from time consuming quests, and you'd be surprised at how much more quickly you level with better starting gear.

I do hope you'll reconsider and take this as a lesson rather than leaving, but that is your choice. If you wish to get the reset, you may reply on here asking, or private message me on here (or in game if you make a new character).
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P

<o11c> chatroulette

kaylohn
Newly Registered User

Post by kaylohn »

Hello mistergray!

Thank you for replying and the much much nicer and polite way you approached the problem.

I would be glad to go for a reset now! It was NOT the reset which made me leave, it's the way TMW community reproached players.

If you think, considering my circumstances, a reset would be a fair thing, go ahead, reset!

Please let me keep the hard-earned GP as well as my gear, need to get better gear from ManaMarket and visit the Graveyard for some serious killing! ;)

TMW Rocks!!!!!!!

PS: BTW, the shortcomings I felt about TMW, which made me Bot, really need to be addressed + the player base need be increased as well + a better AFK warning system (cannot heed warnings when SOK!)

PS PS: I really feel like contributing to TMW in my spare time ... to what? how?

Best,

Kay
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

I'm glad I helped change your mind then :). I know sometimes things come off as reproachful, but on the internet it's especially hard to tell when that's the case. At any rate, I will unblock your account and wait online for you to come on for now. Message me if/when you do and I'll take care of that. If I've missed you for now, just private message me here and we'll work out a time when you'll be online a while :).

<o11c> chatroulette

mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Player requested a reset, and it was granted.

<o11c> chatroulette