conducts

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

conducts

Post by o11c »

Some of you may have seen me running around with my character "o11c weaponless nudist". Among other things, I have made an undeniable argument against those who claim it's too hard to level at low levels - I'm already level 43. (and of course, for a normal character that would be time to head to the graveyard and start levelling very fast)

Well, I decided that wasn't hard enough, so made a new character "o11c pacifist", on which I will not attack any monster. There's an ongoing debate as to whether this will include plants. I'm already level 13!
Begging, however, is not against my conduct. I currently need: 40 mauve leaves, 1 bottle of water, 10 cactus drinks, 10 angry scorpion stingers, 3 keys, and an iten.

Note that both of these characters are played without using storage or the bank (a conduct which I call "purist"), otherwise there would be no difficulty at all.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: conducts

Post by Crush »

o11c wrote:Well, I decided that wasn't hard enough, so made a new character "o11c pacifist", on which I will not attack any monster.
How do you collect EXP then? Only by doing quests?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

lol i saw the pacifist hitting a skel and the suiciding in GY
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

If the pacifist don't kill anything how can he get out of the initiation area, he must kill maggots and the scorpion to be able to go to Tulimshar. And what about items for quests? Are you planning to beg for items xD?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

You can choose to skip the tutorial.

and yeah, I begged. Though I have the feeling that the people who gave me things did so more because I made clear who I was and what I was doing.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

But is any other passive way of gaining experience acceptable to your conduct? Such as party exp sharing, healing, item sharing (via marriage or party) for gp to buy stuff for daily quests, etc? I'm curious, I like these kinds of challenges.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

Lvl 48 can be done in 8 hours without ever fighting. Its just very boring to do it this way.

Begging is against the rules and so i cant do it that way, but friends would supply anything needed.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Oho? How so dayve?

Iirc Rauk (who could boost from lvl1 ->25) was disabled for lower levels than 30.
---
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

Delivering letters for the caretaker (to Airlia) is possible at any level, and it gives a reward in exp/gp.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Narus wrote:If the pacifist don't kill anything how can he get out of the initiation area, he must kill maggots and the scorpion to be able to go to Tulimshar. And what about items for quests? Are you planning to beg for items xD?
You can refuse Sorfina's help in the initial dialog: "No, thanks. I already know how things are going"
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_65.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_65.png (111.92 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.