Please repeal the new anti-follow rule

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
wafolon
Newly Registered User

Please repeal the new anti-follow rule

Post by wafolon »

Hello -

this morning (server time) I was surprised by an announcement that now the 'follow' feature is no longer allowed. While I understand that afk activity, multiboxing and auto follow + attack is quite annoying, using the follow feature is certainly not an 'indication of botting', as stated on the global announcement.

Following is often used by weaker players to be able to stay alive in the graveyard, for instance, and get a little xp. I did that when I had a lower level and now sometimes people follow me. I don't mind.

At the present moment, the more usual players are all complaining in Hurnscald about this rule, and I haven't seen a single comment in favour of an anti-follow rule. I also haven't seen any discussion on this rule, it was just sprung up on us this morning.

Please reconsider. First, how will you find out if someone is really following or has quick fingers? Second, while I'm all in favour of doing something against multiboxers who set their extra characters on auto attack and lap up drops and xp, think about the bona fide low level characters who would like to follow their more experienced fellow players.

Thanks,
Wafolon, currently 87 @ 58%
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Please repeal the new anti-follow rule

Post by Crush »

There already is a thread about that topic:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=15062

Also note that the court house is not a discussion forum.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.