Is it me or the amount of players is going down lately?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Is it me or the amount of players is going down lately?

Post by Jael RD »

is it me or the amount of players is going down lately? any one have any idea or theory about this? all time was between 80 to 106, now is 48 to 70 players in the best situation.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Is it me or the amount of players is going down lately?

Post by o11c »

It's all the missing bots :D
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

o11c wrote:It's all the missing bots :D
interesting so the statistic about 100 player and 1500 alts was wrong, or maybe the players are leaving the game, i know about like five players that left and move to other server. to be honest i am not in other server cuz i don't want to play from level 1 again, and the game is kind of blue in these days for example gy is now the desert gy xD.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Um, there is no contradiction. A maximum of 100 or more characters were previously logged in at one time; now it has gone down by about 30%, which is close enough to 42% for the kind of things we're talking about.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

o11c wrote:Um, there is no contradiction. A maximum of 100 or more characters were previously logged in at one time; now it has gone down by about 30%, which is close enough to 42% for the kind of things we're talking about.
we are talking about players leaving no bots stopped.

8:00PM to 12:00AM only 43 to 49 players in that time space. almost all player i know moved to Auldsbel Server. so when you raise the full 42% maybe only 30 players online in future xD, but who cares others servers have only 10 players, maybe Auldsbel Server now got an increasing but you always will have more :wink: , by the way do the TMW P server Team have any good news about more content or something like that? in a near but really near future?
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Jael RD wrote:the statistic about 100 player and 1500 alts was wrong, or maybe the players are leaving the game, i know about like five players that left and move to other server. to be honest i am not in other server cuz i don't want to play from level 1 again, and the game is kind of blue in these days for example gy is now the desert gy xD.
The number of people online at a given time tends to fluctuate. I suggest looking at trends over weeks and months, not a few days. That said, I know at least a few people haven't been logging on their bots since the new auto-follow guideline was announced. The numbers will be a bit lower because of that.

Incidentally, I've been having a great time playing in the graveyard lately, usually with 3-4 others. Everyone else there is really "there," and interacting and playing the game. I suspect the more interactive play is partly because nobody is invincible now with their 3 warriors and tanked healer, or 2 archer/healers in a stack. If you attack others, they can leave you for dead. (This is a marked change from before, when botstacks would attack people for intruding on their turf.)
Jael RD wrote:maybe Auldsbel Server now got an increasing but you always will have more :wink: , by the way do the TMW P server Team have any good news about more content or something like that? in a near but really near future?
Nope, and don't bother reading the Development Weekly Summary thread in these forums either. The botters should leave this server to drown in its own filth while they move to Auldsbel Server.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

[2011-06-18 21:19:02] 025-1.gat(107,73) Tiana(2090658) : @t Imaginary Burro, are you there?
[2011-06-18 21:19:35] 025-1.gat(47,95) Tiana(2090658) : @t you have 2 minutes to respond
[2011-06-18 21:19:45] 025-1.gat(23,93) Tiana(2090658) : @t to this botcheck
[2011-06-18 21:20:53] 025-1.gat(53,69) Tiana(2090658) : @t please respond burro
[2011-06-18 21:21:54] 025-1.gat(36,51) Tiana(2090658) : @l player responded

Kandiman wrote:
Running away from a botcheck shows either a guilty conscience or an automated attempt to bypass the rules.
Eldrazi
Newly Registered User

Post by Eldrazi »

i think this is kind of natural selection, and natural selection has natural rules, a stronger rules.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Compare the amount of players with the same date, one year ago. I think that it didn't changed much ^^
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I am more worried that the GY is empty, and lone warrior can't do anything about the skulls.
Found someone in the inn, and yeah, the cooperation was so awesome. I tried to cooperate with one archer, and even if he got most exp and all drops besides being almost 20 levels lower, he wouldn't be targeted and needed to run around, and we would both have more exp faster, was like " :) :) hello :) :) but go away :) :) :) ".
(If warriors need so much dexterity, why archers don't need much strength to be able to use bow well? Warriors already need to throw many points in luck, vitality, agility and strength. Archers only need dex, and mages-int. You gave away bearable way of grinding for warriors, maybe you shouldn't make them the worst role ever, because they are needed in every party, raid and event. I think many people would reappear then).
I'm Image too much.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Jael RD wrote:is it me or the amount of players is going down lately? any one have any idea or theory about this? all time was between 80 to 106, now is 48 to 70 players in the best situation.
If it reaches zero for longer period of time, the server will be simply closed.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

i wrote:
Jael RD wrote:is it me or the amount of players is going down lately? any one have any idea or theory about this? all time was between 80 to 106, now is 48 to 70 players in the best situation.
If it reaches zero for longer period of time, the server will be simply closed.

11:00PM 47 players online
12:00AM 42 players online
2:00AM 39 players online
4:00AM 35 players online
8:00AM 33 players online
9:00AM 35 players online
10:00AM 43 players online

For sure new players and TMW team wont let that happen :)
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Well I'll still be playing even if the rules are retarded as f**k. I think the player population will decrease untill there will only be 50 real people who play this game, now there are 55. So when the botters leave there will be just us.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

For myself, I have not been on as of late, but have been communicating on the forums and doing a little research into both the GPL license information and looking into configuring a server that is a little more bot friendly... IDK if I even meet the requirements yet. I am definitely coming back online though soon as I do like it here mostly for the purpose of community and is the reason that I even know about this great, free to play, online game. I think having another server like this would help to alleviate the problems with botting that have incurred here, while at the same time helping to avoid any further and stricter rules here. Not to mention the constant debate on bots would simply end in both places and there would be a niche for everyone. I also have been trying other servers out to see what the differences and bug issues actually are so that I know what direction to initially take. And since I really do like the original client so much, a warrior might as well use it on your server. No real reason not to now. I'm sure mages will still use automated features and macros if given the chance though. :wink:

See you soon buddy... I'll probably come on later tonight and after a restat, we can go wreak some havoc in the GY together. Show time!

Chatatchalata`

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

DarkestLight
Peon
Peon

Post by DarkestLight »

Derpella wrote:I am more worried that the GY is empty, and lone warrior can't do anything about the skulls.
Found someone in the inn, and yeah, the cooperation was so awesome. I tried to cooperate with one archer, and even if he got most exp and all drops besides being almost 20 levels lower, he wouldn't be targeted and needed to run around, and we would both have more exp faster, was like " :) :) hello :) :) but go away :) :) :) ".
(If warriors need so much dexterity, why archers don't need much strength to be able to use bow well? Warriors already need to throw many points in luck, vitality, agility and strength. Archers only need dex, and mages-int. You gave away bearable way of grinding for warriors, maybe you shouldn't make them the worst role ever, because they are needed in every party, raid and event. I think many people would reappear then).
As a lone warrior (and a tank to boot) I am very worried about this as well.
If i go to the GY i get about 300 exp a kill due to the hoards of archers (and sadly i was the only warrior there), I was there too tank, and tanking anywhere up to 8 enemies at a time!, 300 exp a kill? I could get as much exp going to farm blue/red slimes and get more GP at the same time.

We need major change to the Warrior/Tank classes! To start just like you get credit for attacking a monster you should get credit for being attacked by a monster. This should be calculated by the number of times you are hit with some sort of reduction for the total damage you take (as a good tank will take 1 damage a shot the majority of the time). This way Warriors/Tanks get more credit, more exp, and hell maybe an actual chance to pick up an item now and then.
I was they turkey all along!!! It was me!!! ME!!!!