32-bpp

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

SimEdw
Peon
Peon

32-bpp

Post by SimEdw »

When I took a look in the graphic.dat and when playing the game I got really stranges colours. I think I know why.
When you are using grabber to use 16-bpps and not 32 for all the pictures, but the mac-version is using 32 bpps.
I don't really know why you are using 16 (prestanda boost?) instead of 32, but If I understand it right. A picture in 32 bpp would look good in 16 bpp too. So why are we not saving every in 32 bpp?

http://www.shell.linux.se/simon/tmw/pic_1.jpg
http://www.shell.linux.se/simon/tmw/pic_2.jpg
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I wasn't aware of this problem since in Windows allegro converts between color formats without problems, and because Genis made the datafile not me. I've added only the mobset and as you can see it's in 32bpp 8)

Anyway I'll convert all of them from 24bpp to 32bpp immediately since it won't make any difference for Windows and I suppose also Linux :D
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

no it makes no difference, the bmps get dithered down dorrectly on linux as well. only question that comes up my mind is if the pictures are only converted when they are loaded or everytime they get plotted onto the buffer? :roll:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Don't worry Alex, the images are converted when loaded in memory.
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

superb! let's switch to 32bpp in the datafile then! Image
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.