Need New Section

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

krismichael
Novice
Novice

Need New Section

Post by krismichael »

We should add a WEB DEVELOPMENT section under development and perhaps even a SERVER develop section.

This way we can post related questions, comments, and suggestions.

For example I have a few suggestions for the website and would also like to mention that I am working on an improved, web-friendly verson of the logo.

Any thoughts?
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

what is it u like to improve on the website? right now i am already working on the downloads section (as long as there's time) if u mean that. the website just isn't that of an important matter rather is the TMW and all of its components. :roll:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

There are a few things I wouldn't mind changing for the website. (don't get my wrong I like it so far).

1. I would like to swap out the title graphics. I make a move polished version of the logo. I would like to use a version with just the text for some pages, a version with both text and the characters for some pages, and a version with just the characters for some pages. For example it's silly for us to have the graphic that says "The Mana WOrld" on the forums when it clearly says "The Mana World - Feel the man power..." :)

2. I would suggest having the screen shots as an actual section instead of having it share the Server Status page.

3. I would suggest updating the "TEAM" page to include the other hard-working minons and updating what people do here (i.e. mention that you actually have something to do with the website).

4. I won't comment on the download page since you said you are already working on some changes.

There are a few other tweaks here and there, but the main reason I suggested a web development section isn't so I can post my comments but so that Everybody can post comments and people working on the website (i.e. you) can notify us of updates, posible changes, etc.

The website is a part of the game in some ways so it's only fair that it has it's own forum section to encourage suggestions, feedback, and development discusssions, etc.
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

After I came back from my holidays I was a bit worried since there was noone on the irc channel and in the forum. But slowly everynoe is back here. Welcome back krismicheal! :D
The website is a part of the game in some ways so it's only fair that it has it's own forum section to encourage suggestions, feedback, and development discusssions, etc.
I must agree with that, the website it's part of TMW and it's planned to be improved soon. In the website you can find all the story, the maps and everything related to the world. Then the web site it's also linked with the game server, in this way we can implement the avatar system, player ladder and so on...

Then let's answer your questions:

1 - You're an artist so you've a better concept of is, and when you say it's better we trust you until another artist disagree :wink:
2 - Yeah I thought on that, they're a bit hard to find
3 - To be showed on the TEAM page is not that hard. Everyone contributing with TMW who is frequently present on the IRC channel or in the forum is usually added. At the moment the ones you see in the DEV TEAM are working hard and they already submitted something and I can meet them everyday. (Or maybe they asked so many times that I got bored and added them :twisted: )
4 - Nothing to say except that we need to better plan the download section.

Anyway please use the suggestion thread in the forum, I don't think it's needed a completely new thread that one is enough for every suggestion related to TMW (and web site is included :P )

If you're here again krismicheal please PM me, I have to ask you a couple of favors :oops: