Character creation?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Natelcm503

Character creation?

Post by Natelcm503 »

When ever I go to make a character right after I log in I enter the name and it sayes unknown error

Whats up?

~Nate
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

can yu be a little specific ?
like on windows linux,mac?
the version of the bin

thx yu :P
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

The most of times it's only because you used strange characters or a short name. Please use only letters, numbers and at least a length of 4.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Mh, no.
The Server of Elven is almost down (:P) open the tmw.ini, make a ; for elvens server and remove the ; from animesite.de
Natelcm503

Post by Natelcm503 »

Lol sorry I wasen't more informative I have the Mac version, I downloaded the bianary version yesterday but i'll try what you sayed.
Natelcm503

Post by Natelcm503 »

Ok so I went and tried to make a name with only letters more than 4 digits long and still the same thing then I went and tried to edit the TMW.ini and I found I can't edit it because I don't have any application that will. Any other ideas sorry to be a bother.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

tmw.ini it's a simple text file, you can use every application you use to write/edit text. Anyway I don't think the problem it's because the server is down, you should get a error message stating 'Unable to connect'.
You're not a bother since this help us improving the game :wink:

If you want to have a try just use the 'test' 'test' account, it should have a premade character. Then try to create a character on my server (leave uncommented 'host = themanaworld.homeip.net' and comment the other ones with ';'). If you can't, please PM the username you used, and I'll check out what's wrong :D
SimEdw
Peon
Peon

Post by SimEdw »

Sorry, but is seems like my change on the cvs in char_select.cpp was overwriten, so the binary doesn't have support for the moment of creating a new char :( I'll probely fix that today/night.

the tmw.ini can be edit by any texteditor of choosie. Like the on in /application

But do as Elven said, if you only want to test use the info:
test
test

I would be glad if you could post your fps and on what kind of machine you are on.
bay
Peon
Peon

Post by bay »

i had a login problem, turned out it was the username length being too short. i don't know why there is a length requirement?

at any rate, i didn't see this forum/topic at first.. my post is here:

http://themanaworld.sourceforge.net/php ... .php?t=175

i have some other questions, tho be it unrelated to login stuff.

.02$
Funesto
Peon
Peon

Post by Funesto »

I just noticed the error only comes up when try create a char in the patch client......
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

I had the same error too.

The first time I logged in with my ID with the _M after it. I got the error when I tried to create a character.
Then, I shut down and restarted using my created ID without the _M after it. The character that I had tried to create last time was there on my character select as I logged on, and it played fine with that character.

Hope I helped get to the root of the problem a bit...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

This is probably a won't fix. It kinda works now, and relatively soon we'll be working on our own server to replace the current. This new server and the communicating with it will have a whole new pletora of bugs, but those bugs we'll actually be caring to fix.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Well is should be partly fixed now (0.0.10), at least the error has changed and now you should be able to still try other settings if it didn't work. Open a new thread if there are still problems.