The mana world- no sound

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
meepo64
Newly Registered User

The mana world- no sound

Post by meepo64 »

I recently installed TMW (and music files add-on) from the software center. The game runs great but no sound. I checked the game settings and sound is enabled and no muted. How can I get the sound to play in the game?

Thanks
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The mana world- no sound

Post by Crush »

When you say you "installed it from the software center", I am pretty sure you are referring to the Ubuntu Linux software center.

Moved to Linux support.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I remember having some issues with Pulse ... Does sound with in all other programs?

Sanity:

Code: Select all

$ aplay < /dev/urandom
should give static.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
meepo64
Newly Registered User

Post by meepo64 »

Sorry for not being more specific in my previous post:( I am running ubuntu 11.10 and I installed The Mana World from the Software Center. I can hear some of the sound effects but no music.

I do have sound everywhere else. I tried the command aplay < /dev/urandom and yes I got lots of static.

thanks
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

meepo64 wrote: I checked the game settings and sound is enabled and no muted.
meepo64 wrote: I can hear some of the sound effects but no music.
When you press F9 to open the game settings and look at the audio tab, there should also be a checkbox with 'Download music'. (You didn't say which version of the client you use, that's why I say 'should'.) From what you described I assume this isn't checked.
You need to check the box, save the settings and then restart the client, so it will download the music when getting the updates before entering the game.
I think this box is not checked by default because the music files are rather big and this way you don't need to download them when connecting the first time.
meepo64
Newly Registered User

Post by meepo64 »

Awesome...that did it!! Ty so much :D