[WIP] Thermin Tilesets

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] Thermin Tilesets

Post by Merlin »

I've been thinking of a roof type to fit the Thermin Area. I'm kinda thinking something along the lines of a tin roof. Here's a WIP concept for the roof.
Attachments
tinroodconcept.png
tinroodconcept.png (43.55 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

@Merlin I love the tin roof and can't hardly wait to see it textured in a mock up.
I had a concept that put some metal in the town walls...could be anything this was a quick rendition.
metal&stone.png
metal&stone.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 4369 times
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

The roof kinda basic, but seems to have a good metal texture, just needs some character. I'll be getting to that asap. Been kinda busy lately and just haven't had much time. RL work,new patch in wow, and a change of systems. Just got the desktop setup and I'm about to get everything else installed and back on track.

I do like the concept of the stone with metal. I was also thinking about a metal type of fence as well. We also need to nail down a ground set and such.

I know progress is going kinda slow on this but I think it's because we have a pretty high standard and we have lots of ideas that we want to implement. It might take some time,but Rome wasn't built in a day. (And niether was I's awesome block walls that I'm having a hell of a time making something as good.)
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I've been gone for a bit due to a job, I've gotten things moved over to my desktop and started to go about resuming work on this and realized somehow I didn't copy or save my metal texture and will have to start over again on the roof, but realized that I didn't do it quite right in the first place when I compared it to crush's roof. (Same pitch of roof so I was going to make the tiling the same and the different roof transitions.) I've gone over the existing tiles I have an noticed I'm missing some things here and there. Nothing too major. Noticed some off/odd things as well. I have some time now and real computer to work on so I'll be going on full steam on this for now. My personal deadline was by the end of the year for this project. IDK if I can keep that deadline now. XD I really should of had this all done by now. This is just to let people know that I didn't abandon this work.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Still working on this. Been mostly working on the stone walls set to go with this.
Attachments
NEWSTYLE-THermin.png
NEWSTYLE-THermin.png (128.06 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
MerlinX420
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Glad you are working on this merlin =]
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

wow amazing work merlin :)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i like the mood the color sets. :)

--skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Most of it is ripped and modified from the woodland indoor and inn tilesets, but there is nothing wrong with that. To the contrary: When creating tilesets you should always look into adopting graphics from the existing tilesets. It not just saves work, it also ensures a consistent graphic style. And really, nobody will be bothered by it, as long as you change the colors.

Just look at the tiles from the desert and the iceworld of Seiken Densetzu 3.
sd3-snow.png
sd3-snow.png (39.45 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
sd3-desert.gif
sd3-desert.gif (21.42 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
Notice something? They are the exact same tiles - just with a different color palette. And it works. You never notice unless you are told.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I do also have this Inn tileset that I planed on re-doing dimonds cove with. I could be used for the house's and other non block wall buildings. I might do a different timber/stone combo like this.
Attachments
woodlandinn-exterior.png
woodlandinn-exterior.png (163.69 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I've been messing with the tiles and working them out into more of a tilesheet and getting them in place.
Attachments
NEWSTYLE-THermin.png
NEWSTYLE-THermin.png (142 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

update. ?
Working on the sideways bed.
I plan on trying...to get some more done this weekend and post some more of the stuff.
Attachments
Thermin-Blockwall Building.png
Thermin-Blockwall Building.png (177.82 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
MerlinX420
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

MerlinX420 wrote:Working on the sideways bed.
+1
MerlinX420 wrote:I plan on trying...to get some more done this weekend and post some more of the stuff.
Sounds great, keep it up, this is really nice work!

Alige
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

archway prototype.
Attachments
archway-preview-052812.png
archway-preview-052812.png (118.16 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
MerlinX420
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

MerlinX420 wrote:archway prototype.
I really like the idea of this, cant wait to see it when its finished :D
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.