TEST: Blue Sage

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TEST: Blue Sage

Post by Jenalya »

I just updated the testserver with a new quest series.
You can use

Code: Select all

@warp 048-2 40 48
to get to the map with the new content. Most of the NPCs don't have their final sprite yet, so don't be confused by how they look.
There's a special debug NPC that can reset your quest state and for the subquest where monster spawns are involved, I'd like you also to test in a team to see if the scripts work ok in that case too.

Please comment here after testing. :)
ZdlN
Novice
Novice

Re: TEST: Blue Sage

Post by ZdlN »

Is to get the Dagger the last thing?

Iteresting Quest - but the ground floor makes a little bit crazy while running between the bookshelves ;)

Why there is no limit in the bookpages ou can give to the worker? Is it luck to get much pages or not much?

I hope this Quest is not so far away from the Soul Menhir - I died very often XD

Thanks for this quest ;)

ZdlN
"What's a philosopher? A man who opposes nature against law, reason against custom, his consciousness against public opinion, and its judgment against error."
Sébastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort (6 avril 1740-13 avril 1794)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited"
Albert Einstein (14.03.1879-18.04.1955)

both translated by the player Nard
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

I just started on the quest and so far I like the fact that it's an extended quest that requires actual time on the game. The collecting items along with the investigating seems fun so far.
What level should this quest be for? I ask cause I was testing it with a level 45 and one NPC said I wasn't strong enough yet.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

ZdlN wrote:Is to get the Dagger the last thing?
There are three different subquests that can be done independently.
ZdlN wrote:Iteresting Quest - but the ground floor makes a little bit crazy while running between the bookshelves ;)
I'll try if it looks better to place some more carpet on the map. :wink:
ZdlN wrote:Why there is no limit in the bookpages ou can give to the worker? Is it luck to get much pages or not much?
There's a limit, it's just luck if the page you give them is a new one or a page they already have. Only the new ones are counted.
jessyb03 wrote:What level should this quest be for? I ask cause I was testing it with a level 45 and one NPC said I wasn't strong enough yet.
The minimum level is set to 60 at the moment, since some of the required items are drops from strong monsters and the amount is rather high. But this is also something I'd like to get feedback on, if you think the amount of items or the minimum level is too high/low, you can give suggestions about how to change it and why. :)
Whistler
Peon
Peon

Post by Whistler »

Hi,
very interesting subject for this quest, background story and unity of it.
Adding broken books, book pages might reflect the story better.
I couldn't find any slimes, just 1 that i killed before starting it, not sure
i understood this part of the quest right.
The cocoons are quite easy to find and at level 60 you could ask for more,
yeti claws i would say the opposite.
Great work bringing into the game more "cultural" content.
Thank you.
http://themanaworld.net/ a well known host for real players.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Whistler wrote: I couldn't find any slimes, just 1 that i killed before starting it, not sure
i understood this part of the quest right.
The cocoons are quite easy to find and at level 60 you could ask for more,
yeti claws i would say the opposite.
There are 7 spots where slimes can spawn in the right part of the librabry, after you talked to Pyry.

I restarted the testserver with some changes:
- The probability of getting blown up when stepping on a slime spawn point is lower now.
- I reduced the amount of Yeti Claws needed a bit.
- Added the item 'Ice Gladius' made by ChefChelios as reward for one subquest.
- Also I gave stats to the Grimoire.

Let me know what you think about the new items. :)
Did anybody try to fight the slimes in a group yet? I'd like feedback on that, since my possibilities to test that myself were limited.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I just added several new snow maps done by PjotrOrial.
Use

@warp 046-1 95 116
to get to the start of the first one, all others can be reached from that one.
EVILPANDA12345
Newly Registered User

Post by EVILPANDA12345 »

Well, honestly there is to much @alive and such commands. I like the items you get. It was good quest. Just to much running around. If you try the quest do it as same stats level and armor as your character on main server to see if it will be hard for you when it comes out. I was level 76 when i did it with 87 dexterity and 95 agility and it was easy. I was very confused at start but i tried talk to other NPC's. So go try it out as your level, stats, and armor :)
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

The part where to give dyes is only accessible if you are under the minimum level. I suppose this patch should be applied:

diff --git a/world/map/npc/048-2/helperMDye.txt b/world/map/npc/048-2/helperMDye.txt
index a91c374..1e83573 100644
--- a/world/map/npc/048-2/helperMDye.txt
+++ b/world/map/npc/048-2/helperMDye.txt
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
     mes "[Eevert]";
     mes "\"Mh. I wonder how I'm expected to do my task with this meager equipment. The new books will look pathetic.\"";
     mes "He sighs.";
-    if (BaseLevel >= $@Q_BlueSageMinimumLevel)
+    if (BaseLevel < $@Q_BlueSageMinimumLevel)
         goto L_Close;
     menu
         "What do you need?",-,
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

v0id wrote: The part where to give dyes is only accessible if you are under the minimum level. I suppose this patch should be applied:
Thanks for spotting this! I corrected it locally and will update the testserver soon, but I'm waiting on some other changes I want to apply the same time. :)
EVILPANDA12345
Newly Registered User

Post by EVILPANDA12345 »

It is better now with less slimes and the new patch. Doran, Frost, and I tried it as a group also and it was easier. So if you get in a group it will be easier. :)
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I just updated the testserver with the new graphics for the NPCs, made by Nami and salmondine.

I changed some of the helpers to being female, and I think I catched all occurences of the names as well as 'he', 'his' and such things in the dialogue, but in case I missed something, that'd be a good thing to look out for when testing.
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

Okay, I guess I'm through with the quest.
I killed the slimes in the library, gave the librarians all the material to repair their books and finished the investigation, I guess those are the three subquests, right?
There's just two things which leave me wondering if I'm really finished:
- Mirjiami is still unhappily looking for cleaning gear.
- One White Slime dropped a Silver Mirror, quite an unusuable item, it's not used in the quest, is it?

My opinion on the quest:
Mostly, I love it, thanks a lot for this great content! While I think the quest might be a bit difficult for a lvl 60 player, especially when playing solo, we want a challenge, don't we? And it's really a good idea to have so many different items needed but none of them in vast numbers, so people will spend a lot of time gathering items, but since it's different monsters to kill, nobody'll get bored easily, and we got quite some spots now where you can meet ONE and just ONE Yeti, so getting the claws is also possible for solo players of a relatively low level.
Also, I love the mixture of the three subquests, one requiring item gathering, one killing, one talking and investigating.
I personally don't like the idea of being randomly killed without having any influence on it (running, healing items, fighting), but since it doesn't happen too often (just three times to me throughout the whole slime killing action) I guess I can live (or die :lol: ) with it.

One thing which was a bit irritating at first was the fact that the "mini-slimes" trying to protect their nest hit you, deduct hit points, but those hit points are not indicated in the usual way (a red number flying above your head...). So at first I was a bit shocked when my health had gone down without me noticing, but I guess players can get used to this.

Music will be added, right? Felt a bit like in the bandit's cave there for a while. ;)

So far for the content, just leave it as it is now, it's a great quest. I didn't encounter any real bugs, but a few typos, which I will talk about in separate posts due to the limitation of uploads per post.

Regards,

Baeda
Last edited by baedamichi on 13 Apr 2012, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

I guess in the two pictures showing Peetu, instead of "How could this happened", the correct grammar would be "How could this HAVE happened", am I right?

In the picture showing Mirijami, I guess it's "THESE terrible slimes", since a plural is being referred to.
Attachments
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-3.jpg
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-3.jpg (121.48 KiB) Viewed 5641 times
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-2.jpg
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-2.jpg (112.71 KiB) Viewed 5641 times
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-1.jpg
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-1.jpg (174.56 KiB) Viewed 5641 times
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

In this screenshot, it says "... that you extinguished this next" instead of "that you extinguished this neSt". I'm sorry I can't be of any more help, but I can't really tell how to reproduce this, sometimes it said "nest", sometimes it said "next", I tried quite some times, but it does neither seem to depend on the kind of slimes you killed (white, blue), nor on the specific location in the library where you did it.
I'm sorry, so I can't say more here than that sometimes it wrongly said "neXt", sometimes it correctly said "neSt"...
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_1.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_1.png (178.01 KiB) Viewed 5641 times