banned &_&

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
shinden15
Newly Registered User

banned &_&

Post by shinden15 »

[edit by o11c: note that this was originally two separate threads created about the same time]

im playing TMW a while ago and my crappy internet connection kicks in, so my i just holds in the 'x' button but then again message of connection to server been cut off. I didn't log in for an hour or so to wait for the internet to be good again.. logging in i find myself banned and ive found in the gm log Prsm talking to me.

for that i really don't know what happened here, have several times that my connection to the server has been severed clients off, but my account still is logged in.
I hope the developers Update soon. I really wanted to be a warrior.

shinden15
shinden15
Newly Registered User

Re: [Ban] Shinden15 for afk botting

Post by shinden15 »

im playing TMW a while ago and my crappy internet connection kicks in, so my i just holds in the 'x' button but then again message of connection to server been cut off. I didn't log in for an hour or so to wait for the internet to be good again.. logging in i find myself banned and ive found in the gm log Prsm talking to me.

for that i really don't know what happened here, have several times that my connection to the server has been severed clients off, but my account still is logged in.
from another forum post.
a reset would suffice but seeing that the problem is not really botting I would like to forward this issue as a major concern because of a i would likely be banned(permanently) againg if such event happened again.

shinden15
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: banned &_&

Post by o11c »

If your connection got broken, the server would not have continued attacking for you, no matter how many times you hit 'x'.

A GM will not ban you for attacking a single monster without responding; Prsm quite clearly states that you were attacking multiple monsters and picking up drops.

Ergo, you are lying.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

moved to player talk.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
shinden15
Newly Registered User

Post by shinden15 »

@o11c: thank you for a technical response and let me explain again what I've experienced

there's my crappy internet connection and in game experiencing lag, yep in-game, my client is open my character attacking monster(I've experienced it before - many times) and to describe what my client look at the time its this: my character attacking monster and everything(monsters, other players, loots, etc) were frozen, no interaction or what not. The only thing i could there is move my character without interaction to the other stuffs in the game - that means even the chat is frozen and not updating. This situation could go from a couple of seconds to minutes until a pop-up message that connection to server interrupted appear.

well I'm not really blaming anything or anyone. With this connection plus the number of people in the game surely lag spikes appear out of nowhere. :)

hope you got my point there.

shinden15
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

That is very interesting. I played tmw on a very, very weak net connection, I was getting disconnected every few minutes. The same thing happened both on Linux and Windows machines. And, when my weak PC lagged, or my connection acted silly again, or there was a server-side lag, the communication between my PC and the server was impaired, so no packets from my client telling the server my character moves or talks or attacks were send/received. So, there were moments I was walking, found myself unable to cross the warp point, re-logged, and noticed the server placed me in the half of the map...
So, I guess to have an option like this, you must have some client with it's core placed directly in Platinum... Or I may be wrong. If you were picking up items, moving and attacking while having no connection to the server, I guess it can be only Platyna's meddling. Probably she was testing her new quantum processors and the new cool algorithm which can calculate what the player wants to do, probably to check if another dev is going to flounce...
Anyway, I'll be interested in testing it. Client, operational system, speed of connection?
I'm Image too much.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

shinden15 wrote:@o11c: thank you for a technical response and let me explain again what I've experienced

there's my crappy internet connection and in game experiencing lag, yep in-game, my client is open my character attacking monster(I've experienced it before - many times) and to describe what my client look at the time its this: my character attacking monster and everything(monsters, other players, loots, etc) were frozen, no interaction or what not. The only thing i could there is move my character without interaction to the other stuffs in the game - that means even the chat is frozen and not updating. This situation could go from a couple of seconds to minutes until a pop-up message that connection to server interrupted appear.

well I'm not really blaming anything or anyone. With this connection plus the number of people in the game surely lag spikes appear out of nowhere. :)

hope you got my point there.
Switch to official client or manaplus. Manaplus can allow server side attack, but you will not be able to attack several monsters and pick up drops.
I experienced the things you described now with Manaplus. The pop-up appears after a synchronization time out (from the client I presume), in no case the server will make you do actions which does not result from a client interaction.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.