just a thought?

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

_MeLo_
Peon
Peon

just a thought?

Post by _MeLo_ »

wouldnt it be nicer if the web layout was abit more colourfull cause its looking very red and dull.... tell me if u disagree or agree flame me if u want :lol:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I sincerely agree, I'd like a more colorful version of the website, it seems so "serious" this way. Anyway I guess I was the only one with this idea since everyone agreed with the current style. But if you have some ideas/mockup to show feel free to and I'll keep it into consideration for the next restyling.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I like this style because it's nice and calm. It doesn't distract from what it really is about; the text.
This forum isn't meant for entertaining children or anyone's eye, it's meant for game development. People shouldn't get the wrong idea and start spamming about clowns and cartoons.

And I don't agree on the colour _Melo_ mentioned... this is definatley brown, not red.

My flamethrower is on...
But ofcourse we could have multiple layouts, we already got 3. As long as this one doesn't get replaced, I'm happy.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I was talking more about the website, anyway sure we need a background color for the website which makes it easy readable.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ok, then we might just get ourselves a nice flashy commercial-styled flashsite. :?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I didn't mean that, only that this is a fantasy rpg, we should give the website a more fantasy style...of course that's only my opinion, that's why I accepted the current theme even if I don't like it completely.
Draicone
Peon
Peon

Post by Draicone »

I tend to agree with eleven, although i don't think we need much of a site anyway - what we have right now is more than enough. If you want, I can ask a few friends of mine if they're willing to work on another open source web design (they frequent oswd) that sort of matches the current theme and incorporates the logo.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

I dont think it needs any change were not a carnival were a open source 2d MMORPG
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well a change in style wouldn't hurt. At least I'm getting bored of this one more and more. If someone has spare time, please do mockups. At least this way we would find out if it would get any support.
This message used to be meaningful.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I like the current style too. It is plain, simple and elegant - generally a pleasant looking - just how the good website is supposed to be.

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

a little bit more contend wouldn't hurt. like some articles about what we are planing.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

Crush wrote:a little bit more contend wouldn't hurt. like some articles about what we are planing.
Yep. I vote for more content on the main site... Maybe theming the wiki similiar to the website as well would be good...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I would still like to see the weekly comic strip about the development.

Too bad those would be crudely wasted resources at this point.

(At least we could do a weekly roundup of our progress as a newsitem or have a development blog for it to be easy for people to monitor our activeness. Alternatively we could encourage more people into subscribing to the mailing lists.)
Draicone
Peon
Peon

Post by Draicone »

Now hang on, we have to put things into perspective - either we expand our dev team, or we devote extra resources to the website, most likely both. We really need to prioritise everything, and I really don't feel the website is too important considering how decent it is now. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Doing a mockup picture of a website doesn't require too much resources.

If a mockup gets support and becomes popular, then it will most likely justify the resources spent on it. (Or rather that the resources will be spent only when the spending is justified.)

You shouldn't worry about workflow optimization, it is not your problem. Usually website development is a nice change for people, not work as such.

(Your tone just caught my attention, that's all.)