Stuff I've Missed & My Very Uneducated Opinions

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Stuff I've Missed & My Very Uneducated Opinions

Post by noelleionscowl »

Hello Everyone.
It's been a long time since I've seen you all, sat down in Hurnscald, or even talked to my clan members. I'd like to know what all's happened since... two months ago, last year. Whatever you think I'd care to know. Players who've vanished, new notable players, etc. You know.

Second:
1. No bots? What about TradeBot and AuctionBot? AuctionBot is still online, how is this possible? Unless some poor soul is typing in all the AuctionBot messages. I have a long-running project to create a network of bots that heal players, carry items, and sell them. This is a very long term project - all messengers require certain skills that are only attainable at a very high level (highest possible Intelligence, to allow for heavy armor), and ALL the bots have to have some pretty heavy armor to tank the required damage of unintelligently following a set path.

2. How's the "inflation"? Am I still too rich, and do I still need to pay exorbitant sums to travel to Tulimshar?

3. What's this about learning how to walk faster? I'd like to know.

4. What are some new items that I'd like to have?
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
"Aah! Stop hurting me! It hurts!"
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Stuff I've Missed & My Very Uneducated Opinions

Post by Chicka-Maria »

noelleionscowl wrote:Hello Everyone.
It's been a long time since I've seen you all, sat down in Hurnscald, or even talked to my clan members. I'd like to know what all's happened since... two months ago, last year. Whatever you think I'd care to know. Players who've vanished, new notable players, etc. You know.

Second:
1. No bots? What about TradeBot and AuctionBot? AuctionBot is still online, how is this possible? Unless some poor soul is typing in all the AuctionBot messages. I have a long-running project to create a network of bots that heal players, carry items, and sell them. This is a very long term project - all messengers require certain skills that are only attainable at a very high level (highest possible Intelligence, to allow for heavy armor), and ALL the bots have to have some pretty heavy armor to tank the required damage of unintelligently following a set path.

2. How's the "inflation"? Am I still too rich, and do I still need to pay exorbitant sums to travel to Tulimshar?

3. What's this about learning how to walk faster? I'd like to know.

4. What are some new items that I'd like to have?
Hey!
few changes have been made since you have been gone. auctionbot is now approved by the admin's i believe so he's fine. tradebots gone but is still giving things back to players, and there are new quests! such as the raging skill quest and blue sage quest :)

Hope to see you soon!

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Hello and Welcome back Noelle :)

I hope to see you soon in game where all the corsairs will be happy to give you a hand.
(I sent you more info in PM)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Welcome back, and yes,
noelleionscowl wrote:I have a long-running project to create a network of bots that heal players, carry items, and sell them.
that would still be against the game rules, so please don't waste your time and energy on that.

But when you want to use your programming skills to improve TMW, you can always join the development team.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Post by noelleionscowl »

I know. I've heard that there is a process of getting friendly bots approved. Everything is open to opinion, and besides, it'd be a fun project for me to try.

It's not something that would happen quickly. Some of the locations serviced would require vast amounts of materials that would take (with the updates from a year ago) serveral MONTHS per character (transport bots require heavy, heavy armor and speed upgrades so that they can cross the Graveyard, Candor, and rest safely in various parts of the dungeons) and immense stockpiles. I originally designed the project with my friends many months ago, when Turmfalke's TradeBot was going down occasionally.

I still have pages and pages of files detailing bot behaviors. Wow.
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Post by noelleionscowl »

cody wrote:
noelleionscowl wrote:I know. I've heard that there is a process of getting friendly bots approved.
A bot that acts like a player is not friendly. If you want to develop something, then why don't you join the developers?
Because the bots would run off visual cues received from the game. I don't know how to code that well, unfortunately. Simply put, it would recognize the messages to trade/use NPCs and would use preprogrammed clicks and keystrokes to navigate.
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The question is: what do you want to achieve with your bot network? Do you want to improve the game experience by making it possible for people to sell items while in a dungeon? Then why don't you get the server sourcecode, add a chat command to open an NPC selling dialog anywhere, create a patch and propose it to the development team? That would be much easier and much more practicable for everyone. You want people to be able to heal for free? Then why don't you submit a patch to the server which enables the @heal command for every player?

Are you afraid the patch wouldn't be accepted because it would change the game for the worse? Then you got the answer why your bot network would never get approved.

Or do you rather enjoy the challenge of creating a complicated system of automatized agents? Then you might enjoy NPC scripting or improving the mob AI or even implement more intelligent NPCs on the server. You could achieve much more with less work when you would collaborate with the development team instead of working against it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ZdlN
Novice
Novice

Post by ZdlN »

The idea of creating player-like bots seems not a good idea ...

If you want a projeckt - maybe you find a way to make a pet:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=15780 :wink:
Crush wrote:Do you want to improve the game experience by making it possible for people to sell items while in a dungeon? Then why don't you get the server sourcecode, add a chat command to open an NPC selling dialog anywhere, create a patch and propose it to the development team? That would be much easier and much more practicable for everyone.
(The GermanTMW still has a @storage command to access the storage anywhere)
"What's a philosopher? A man who opposes nature against law, reason against custom, his consciousness against public opinion, and its judgment against error."
Sébastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort (6 avril 1740-13 avril 1794)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited"
Albert Einstein (14.03.1879-18.04.1955)

both translated by the player Nard
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Post by noelleionscowl »

I refuse to partake in this argument. This is the same reason that I quit the forums in the first place. See you in six months.
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

noelleionscowl wrote:I refuse to partake in this argument. This is the same reason that I quit the forums in the first place. See you in six months.
wtf?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

o11c wrote:
noelleionscowl wrote:I refuse to partake in this argument. This is the same reason that I quit the forums in the first place. See you in six months.
wtf?
:lol: lool
Yubaba
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Post by noelleionscowl »

Perhaps I wasn't clear.

I hold a strong dislike for many of the echelons above, and if they continue to treat me with their current disdain and condescending manner, I see no need to use these forums. I take no issue with Chicka-Maria or o11c.

Attempting to work with these forums and their users simply deteriorates my already eroded mental well-being. For one brief, beautiful moment, I thought that things might have changed for the better. I was mistaken in the utmost.

Please, forget my existence. I'm sorry that I ever deigned to profane these forums with my desultory presence.
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

noelleionscowl wrote:Perhaps I wasn't clear.

I hold a strong dislike for many of the echelons above, and if they continue to treat me with their current disdain and condescending manner, I see no need to use these forums. I take no issue with Chicka-Maria or o11c.

Attempting to work with these forums and their users simply deteriorates my already eroded mental well-being. For one brief, beautiful moment, I thought that things might have changed for the better. I was mistaken in the utmost.

Please, forget my existence. I'm sorry that I ever deigned to profane these forums with my desultory presence.
Nah ignore the forums. its nice having people around esspecially older players that come back, it brings more excitement to the game and old friends. Not begging you to stay but it would be nice to see you in game :)

Regards,
Yubaba
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Post by noelleionscowl »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
noelleionscowl wrote:
Nah ignore the forums. its nice having people around esspecially older players that come back, it brings more excitement to the game and old friends. Not begging you to stay but it would be nice to see you in game :)

Regards,
I'm not going to leave TMW. I refuse to work with the newer admins and GMs, as well as Crush. Sorry, Crush, but you never fail to piss the ever-loving hell out of me.
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

noelleionscowl wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:
noelleionscowl wrote:

Regards,
I'm not going to leave TMW. I refuse to work with the newer admins and GMs, as well as Crush. Sorry, Crush, but you never fail to piss the ever-loving hell out of me.
Do you have a problem beyond the inflexibility of the "no bots" rule, or is there something else?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.