[REQ] Barbarian Village Tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

palaxius
Novice
Novice

Re: [REQ] Barbarian Village Tileset

Post by palaxius »

Wow been a long time since i was active... anyway learning pixelart for 2 months now.. had a go with this.

edit: finished
Last edited by palaxius on 23 Jul 2012, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Be nice and I will be nice back!

Exzenosis.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

hut-t.png
hut-t.png (11.79 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
hut2xt.png
hut2xt.png (9.57 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
First off thank you for submitting this art, there is a lot to like about it.

This is an interesting concept =]
I added an alpha channel and removed the white BG.
The perspective is very good, the wood texture is too different from in game existing wood textures.
also the images are under shaded. I realize this is a concept and as such its pretty good.
It has a tropical feeling about it, maybe this is just the grass on the one image, but it makes me yearn for the Savannah map and the witch doctor mask. This new wood texture might work better for that style of map.

I'd really like to get away from the round yurts in the barbarian village and move towards stone buildings with skins and possibly thatch roofs as these would tile more readily.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Remember our light direction. Light comes diagonal from south-west-up. Surfacts which face the sun need to be brighter than those facing away from it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Hey, long time no see!

Noticed that this things been put on indefinite hold. Time to revive this topic from the brink!
Drew some inspiration from salmondine's tiles.

I'm willing to lend a helping hand, minus the unnecessary multitasking. However, there's a catch ...yeah I know it sounded too good to be true, but just hear me out.

I'll gladly make the art, whatever it may be, but it'll be 100% shaded line art. Now-now before you chew me out a new one let me explain! You see, just recently I've began taking up pixel art again, picking up where I last left off (not to be confused with here). Though I consider myself more experienced now, my patience is not, in fact it's horrendous! The good thing is, it only f's me up during the coloring phase of something. My mind can never settle, and before it does I want nothing to do with it anymore. Think I'm broken, lol.. But hey, on the bright side, the way I detail/color is the complete opposite of TMW's guidelines, so it would be counterproductive!

Some semi-recent work to give ya an idea:

Long story short: I'll create whatever is in your head an bring it to life, then all ya gotta do is get someone to do the rest. Pretty simple, no? I know I didn't leave on the best of terms, but if you could find it in your kind hearts to let me redeem myself for being an overly excited, arrogant prick, it would be magical!

I'll be back on at around 1pm est.
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

shargom
Newly Registered User

Post by shargom »

Korcha wrote:The good thing is, it only f's me up during the coloring phase of something. My mind can never settle, and before it does I want nothing to do with it anymore. Think I'm broken, lol..
Sorry for offtopic, but have you tried working with exercises described in Betty Edwards Book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"? If not, they would help you a lot, and they aren't so difficult. Another way to switch to "right-side brain thinking" is to use opposite hand for writing, but it takes quite a lot of time to learn. Greetings.
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

Hi Korcha

Wow, these lineart pieces certainly did impress me, you have some talent :) I do some pixel art for tmw, I've recently been away but i'm back now...kind of :P One thing I struggle with a lot is lineart, but I find the shading but pretty easy. I think me and you could work together pretty easily and produce some art. The good thing for you is that tmw art is usually very small and simple shaped. I'm usually idle a lot on irc, feel free to join #tmw-dev on freenode, we can discuss stuffs there. I don't what happened with you in the past, but I don't care, everyone gets a second chance whatever it is. 8)

Glad to see this,

/\/
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Sure, I do like me some team work. What time are you usually on? At the moment I'm making npc portraits for Chika, you could help out with that, maybe? You can find all that in content development, under Client Dialog. It'd be nice to see them in color when they're done.

For a trade, I could help you with anything you may need done. Not a bad deal, eh?
Nami97 wrote: I don't what happened with you in the past, but I don't care, everyone gets a second chance whatever it is. 8)
It really wasn't anything big. I just like to blow things outta proportion, I'm dramatic. :3
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

I'm usually idle on irc most days in the afternoon, and earlier in the weekends. My time zone is GMT+0. I'll take a look at the portrait thingys.

What time are you usually on too? I'd rather discuss stuffs on irc then here if you could please do that :P

/\/