Testers needed for new dress quest!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Testers needed for new dress quest!

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Hello everyone! There is a new quest in the test server that needs to be tested by several people!
This quest is for level 60+
the quest starts off at augostine and then lora tay (back and forth).
***keep in mind the augostine quest and lora tay quest needs to be complete before you start the new quest***

Let us know if you find any bugs and post it here, or good feedback :)

Happy testing!

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Testers needed for new dress quest!

Post by Nard »

I tested the the new Agostine/Lora 3 times:

minor issues:
The second dialog serie: some answers don't warp automatically to a new line depending on window size, they are thus truncated.
  1. with Agostine: "You must be thinking of fashion a lot..."
  2. with Agostine: "Yes but she would like to know more information about it..."
  3. with Lora Tay:"He said this dress would be..."
A more annoying one:
When you wait for the robe you cannot ask Lora Tay for her usual services. I know she is busy with the dress but...

Additional questions and remarks:
  1. Player wonders how many time he/ she has to wait for the dress to be finished (I'm stuck at this point at this moment)
  2. At the moment, if the reward is the one I guess :), I find that the dress is rather cheap (180 cocoons). I would have thought about at least the double of silk robe.
  3. for the wiki/spoiler: Did you think of a title for this quest?
  4. for the wiki/spoiler: Is there a level requirement?

Note: I never watch code and don't follow dev. forum before testing to avoid biased advice.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Nard wrote: for the wiki/spoiler: Is there a level requirement?[/list]
:oops: sorry for bad reading.
Additional questions for wiki:
  1. are there other quest developers apart from you (scenario, script...) reason is that I setup a wiki template to mention quests developers
  2. who are the graphic artists (item here)?
    when quest is released, I would be grateful if you could tell me the tester's nicks too. (I saw Killerkasperl just before)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I know that this post is a bit out of topic, but I don't think it is actually worth a new one.
When we have completed the LoraTay's quest, we may ask her to sew a robe. If we ask her to do so, we can ask her:
"Where can I find silk?"
She answers then:
"Hetchel on the Tulimshar Marketplace can weave them for you
I didn't see her the last time I visited, though.
She may be visiting family. Tough luck!"
She even says that "Six sheets would do fine, if they're the usual double elbow squares" (this makes 25 cocoons per sheet).

I've seeked for Hetchel when I reached this step when I began the game (and never found her of course :lol: ). I still wonder why Hetchel does not exist. This NPC and Silk Sheet item (*) could be an interesting step in some quests such as this one...

Nard

(*)we have now the beginning of a new item class: Crafting items/materials (cocoon, cotton cloth, leather patch, reed bundle, raw log, Iron ore and ingot, pelts and furs ...) and 2 subclasses: raw materials and semi-finished ones.

Sorry for multiple edits.

Nard
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:
Nard wrote: for the wiki/spoiler: Is there a level requirement?[/list]
:oops: sorry for bad reading.
Additional questions for wiki:
  1. are there other quest developers apart from you (scenario, script...) reason is that I setup a wiki template to mention quests developers
  2. who are the graphic artists (item here)?
    when quest is released, I would be grateful if you could tell me the tester's nicks too. (I saw Killerkasperl just before)
Hey nard thanks for testing the quest, its wonderful having testers to help things move along faster.

1: the dress was edited from the platyna red dress (forget who made it) by me and skipy :) (graphics)
2: another person that helped greatly was V0id he helped me script my story and helped with the color script i couldnt have done it without em! (thx void) :P
3: As for testers im not sure who tests it unless they post feedback here. sorry for the lack of info on that part.
Nard wrote:I tested the the new Agostine/Lora 3 times:

minor issues:
The second dialog serie: some answers don't warp automatically to a new line depending on window size, they are thus truncated.
  1. with Agostine: "You must be thinking of fashion a lot..."
  2. with Agostine: "Yes but she would like to know more information about it..."
  3. with Lora Tay:"He said this dress would be..."
A more annoying one:
When you wait for the robe you cannot ask Lora Tay for her usual services. I know she is busy with the dress but...

Additional questions and remarks:
[*] At the moment, if the reward is the one I guess :), I find that the dress is rather cheap (180 cocoons). I would have thought about at least the double of silk robe.
[*] for the wiki/spoiler: Did you think of a title for this quest?
*180 cocoons may seem cheap right now but remember you can only do this quest 1 per character and there will be other items/gp needed for the quest later on in it :).

*as for the wiki quest title maybe something like "Fine Dress Quest" (it even rhymes..sort of lol)

**Also:** when lora tay is "busy" with the dress and asks you to come back later, a way to pass the time is to exit the building in dimonds cove and then enter it again this will make lora tay finish her piece.

hope this helps

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

It appears, if I am right that the original dress graphics were made by Frictor from Aethyra project:
http://www.aethyraproject.org/forum/vie ... hp?f=4&t=9
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... tine+dress
and was called Valentine dress.

By the way, while searching, I found this one too:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... ess#p33687
which seems (to me) worth not to be forgotten along with the wedding officiator's one:

Nard
Last edited by Nard on 29 Aug 2012, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Chicka-Maria wrote: **Also:** when lora tay is "busy" with the dress and asks you to come back later, a way to pass the time is to exit the building in dimonds cove and then enter it again this will make lora tay finish her piece.
I thought about something like that and went downstairs. I just forgot that it is not a map change :oops: I tried to @warp and @goto somewhere else but apparently these commands don't have the required effect on the script. I tried also a logoff/ logon which had no effect too and a looong wait (3h) as well. As Jenalya used this kind of timing in Kylian's quest in Tulimshar, may I suggest some Kylian-like improvement?
Sorry I cannot help with script until I finish the quest test.
"Fine Dress Quest" (it even rhymes..sort of lol)
Let's add some rhythm to rhyme:

Pretty Dress Quest
Dancing Dress Quest

Any better ideas? :)

Nard
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

We COULD name it off the story line and say something like "Agostines dream dress" or something.
Yubaba
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I could finally finish the quest but getting away off by 2 maps, not only outside Dimond's :/
I test with 3 other chars to see if repeatable.
"Agostines dream dress"
I like this one <3
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Nard wrote:I could finally finish the quest but getting away off by 2 maps, not only outside Dimond's :/
The way to end the waiting phase where Lora Tay works, is to properly enter the building of dimond's.
You can come outside the building with an @warp like you did, but dont use it for entering again the building. Enter it by using the door and it works.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

v0id wrote:The way to end the waiting phase where Lora Tay works, is to properly enter the building of dimond's.
You can come outside the building with an @warp like you did, but dont use it for entering again the building. Enter it by using the door and it works.
I suggest then that you change what Lora says slightly to help the player to figure what he has to do:
"I have work to do, you bother me, I feel dizzy seeing you wandering around me; hike a bit in the woodlands and tickle mouboos, have a look outside and tell me if you can find me there. You ran a lot and don't smell very good, I need fresh air, kaflosh yourself and the environs, bring me a couple of pears while you're out..."
:)

Nard
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

well it COULD be added to the wiki like most things on TMW you cant really figure out on your own as a player, but I find in some RPGs I have played such as Zelda there are quests in towns you have to just simply exit the building and go back in and talk again to get to the next step...but if its to complicated for people they can check the wiki?....just a suggestion.

Regards,
Yubaba
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Well you are right in some ways, Chicka, there are in TMW some quests which require you to leave a room or a building, such as Cat Ears or Kylian's. But actually Lora suggest to wait, I understood that I just had to spend some time. not that I had to move. Players are supposed to be able to do a quest with no help. The Wiki, in my opinion, is to help players who are stuck, and can't figure what to do, thus a spoiler or reminder when doing it several times . My suggestion was just to make the quest a bit more friendly. The sentences I wrote went through my mind quickly, I didn't thought about them very seriously. Now, I also thought that Lora could cycle randomly through several answers in the same way Nina does it in Tulimshar. A timer could also be added to avoid what I experienced.

I hope my remarks will help.

Nard
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I tested the new quest and it worked fine for me :mrgreen:
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Hi,

This is the beautiful dress I dreamed to get and go to the ballroom with my wonderful partner! :D

May I suggest to rise a little bit more for the defense and the M.Attack and the fee a little more expensive to get it. :idea:

Johanne :)
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.