Maybe new Acorn

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Should we use this new acorn graphics ?

I prefer the new one.
78%
No, the one we have is fine.
22%

Total votes: 23
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Maybe new Acorn

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ali-G wrote:
[17:40] <Alige> V0id: Since the dual license works, I think we're good with the acorn! :) I'll ask Reidy what she thinks about it and if we can introduce it in Evol Online. If you're against having your named being written in the "LICENSE" file, please tell us. If not, then we're the 2 designers of this piece of art! :)
[17:41] <V0id> Alige: everything's fine for me
@meway: V0id and I are okay with the dual license, because it can work fine. Now please, mind your own business.

--Alige
Anything added to the game is the development teams business whether it comes to Discussions on Graphics or discussion to content. Its sad this team doesn't act like a team most times and makes stupid comments to each other like "go away" or "mind your own business"...which is not productive at all. Infact i think it prevents people from even wanting to join the team which is real sad on our part due to poor representation of how we treat each other(there is a few people that play tmw that can contribute but dont due to this i dont think i need to name them they are well known). Its best if you have comments like this to say to someone, to discuss it with them on irc or pm them.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Chicka-Maria wrote: Anything added to the game is the development teams business whether it comes to Discussions on Graphics or discussion to content.
It is well-discussed that we would rather have our content under CC than GPL, and dual-licensing is a reasonable long-term plan for that.

The intents of the GPL and CC-BY-SA are essentially the same, even though the exact licenses are different, so it's not unreasonable to expect authors to do that.

(I would prefer existing contributors make a declaration that everything they made alone be dual-licensed).
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

oh goodness we agree on something. :lol:
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

o11c wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote: Anything added to the game is the development teams business whether it comes to Discussions on Graphics or discussion to content.
It is well-discussed that we would rather have our content under CC than GPL, and dual-licensing is a reasonable long-term plan for that.

The intents of the GPL and CC-BY-SA are essentially the same, even though the exact licenses are different, so it's not unreasonable to expect authors to do that.

(I would prefer existing contributors make a declaration that everything they made alone be dual-licensed).
A little off-topic, but a large number of artists already accepted this kind of dual-licensing of their work on The Mana World (if no license violation involved of course).
I wonder what former devs/artists of TMW (like Crush) think about it, though.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I agree with licensing all of the GPL content I made for TMW under CC-BY-SA 3.0.

I never considered the GPL to be suitable for artwork anyway.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.