What do you think about a quest to the hell ???

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

gorthaur
Peon
Peon

What do you think about a quest to the hell ???

Post by gorthaur »

I think that is unfair to the players that sould theyer souls loss theyer "chars". A good way to save them , is making a "Quest to The Hell" where they can get theyer souls back. Something very hard that just good players can make it. Something like harder monsters ( don't have to be new monsters , just make the monsters that already exist harder ) The player can "enter" in a place and he cannot come back , if he pass for all the obstacles he can get his soul back , but if he dies he loss his char forever. Making this question the player has the oportunite of continue playing and he don't have to make a new char.

This is just my opinion , don't have to be exactly like i said. But i think you should make something like that.
~nettles~
Peon
Peon

Post by ~nettles~ »

Quite like that idea myself.. apart from char gone forever.... I have a souless char and wont try the quest if I lost my char if i died.. would be nice to be able to play my char again after all the hard work.. :D
gorthaur
Peon
Peon

Post by gorthaur »

Hi ~nettles~ my friend :D its me , LEG0LAS . . .

They are going to delete us because we are too much strong , and i think they don't want to remove our skills and give us our souls back , because there are too much soulesses in The Mana World ( Thats what I think why they don't want to remove our skills and give our souls back , i don't know the real motive ) But making something hard , there will be not so many players trying to get theyer souls back and will be easier to them give our souls back.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Brazil.
~nettles~
Peon
Peon

Post by ~nettles~ »

lol your English is just fine :wink:
I'm not too sure how many of us have way high lvls and are souless, but to be honest If they did concider what you said I think I'd have my new char at the same lvl as my souless :? just have to wait and see i guess but i do like your idea. :P
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

you could start with making a hell tileset, gorthaur
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

when i heard my souless char was going to be lost i made a new one and i have gone past the level of my old one but its still only got half the stats
All your base are belong to us.
gorthaur
Peon
Peon

Post by gorthaur »

Sorry but i'm not so good with computers , and make a hell tileset is imposssible for me , if you want something made by "Paint" i can do something very bad , but . . .
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

The reason soulless characters will be removed is because they have skills and bonuses that help them level faster. To keep things fair they will be deleted and everyone who sold their soul has been warned three times, if not more, before they did. So I see no reason why we should make an exception for ultr-high level characters.

Also it give players with a soulless character false hope because if this would be implemented they will train hard to be able to survive the hell quest. And just like now we can expect whining people who don't want to lose their character anyway.

On the top, it would need a tileset, maps, NPC's... a lot of content that we don't have planned and thus has no priority. We have more important things to work on.

So I'd say no. And I think most teammembers agree on that.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Just keep in mind sooner or later all the characters will be deleted. No exceptions, no complaints. If you want an enjoyable game, well balanced you just have to live with it.
haggard
Novice
Novice

WHAT?!?!?!

Post by haggard »

what the hell? all characters are going to be deleted? why is this? i mean we all created a new one when we realized that the soulless were going to be deleted and now all of our characters are going to be deleted? if you ask me its just not worth playing until this is all said and done and we know that all our time and patience isnt going to be lost.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well we're developing a game, we're in pre alpha-stage, the game is not meant to be completed. The server you play on it's just a test server we use to see if everything works as expected. We added some fun to it letting people contribute by reporting what's wrong, or suggesting improvements, that's it. Once we introduce the new skill system you will start with 0 skill points so if you have a lvl 60 character you'll need to spend days to reach lvl 61 and get one skill point. Soon you'll realize that a new character only requires some hours to get dozens of skill points and believe me you'll create a new one. We will have a completely new system, we will build an economy system. What's worth having uber characters from the beginning when the character absolutely doesn't fit the environment. I'm not against complaints, but you can't flame us if what we only want is to develop a nice game, and since we're developing it, big changes are to be expected. If you like the game you'll appreciate our effort to make it every day better and will contribute helping us. If you just need to be the strongest player ever seen, come back at version 1.0 and start building your player. :D
~nettles~
Peon
Peon

Post by ~nettles~ »

OMG !!!!! lose all char's :shock: If I had known that then I wouldn't of stopped using my souless. there was me rushing around killing for hours to get my New Char up in lvl's and thats gunna be deleted too. thats just blown me away, question is now what to do stay leave and wait for new fully loaded server.??????? I love the game but this is gunna take some thinking about.. yes I know this was a beta server. No i didn't know about killing all char's, as far as I knew and most other people i would imagine was the souless char's were the only ones to be deleted.. Um time to think i guess.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Well said ElvenProgrammer. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Last words about this topic: when I played the beta of Ragnarok Online the characters were wiped when they started the pay to play phase. Now as I said we're in alpha phase (which is way before the beta one) and we're not a commercial project, so you should be understanding.
Further more, the soul thief tells you tree times soul-less players will be deleted for sure and that probably other players too will be deleted. I just want to say that nothing was hidden, you should be aware of it if you read carefully what was written around.
haggard
Novice
Novice

ok ok

Post by haggard »

ok i completly understand you but at least give us a chance to swap our weapons and items over to our new characters....pre warn us and give us at least a week or just even 2 days. i mean consider it. and as for the game i love it its great but i dont think ill be back on until 1.0 is released. so please make it soon!!!!