New Art

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

New Art

Post by Nevilytis »

Dare God Elven... that php image thing takes like a 27 to uplaod a pic., image if I colored it. Anyhoo, krismicheal... you have your work cut out for you. Enjoy the pics guys. I sent two and have one more on the way. Its really pissing me off since I have to spend half of the day erasing out all of the yellowness of my scetch pad.. not to mention going over the lines and stuff.

I hope I get no complains.
Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Would you mind consulting me in IRC about the clothing of the desert people..? (If I am not mistaken, you're our avatar artist..) That'd need to get on going..
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Nevilytis wrote:Image
Nice...but the tailie is too small.
Its...a woman :shock:
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

Nev,

You don't have to remove yellow or faded lines on your drawings. I can easily convert them to instant black & white lines using the magic of Adobe with one touch of a button.

Just draw, scan, and upload...

:)
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Aaaaah how much I like this Nev guy. Anyway I think we should practice more with game oriented drawings, that's why you should ask Rotonen who is coordinating world development about what to draw. You can also start by thinking at some desert npcs and monsters.
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit by developing monsters and whatnot.

Since we are still in early phase of development designers should concentrate on TILES, and Players.

Game/Level Designers should concentrate on only a few (2 or 3) levels for game play testing.

Other important things to work on is general game design and UI. From a new player signing up to playing the game, fighting, interacting, buy and selling, this all needs to be planned out a bit better then it is already.

If we stick all the designers to these very basic tasks then we can produce more material quickly instead of having everybody work on all different things.

Right now programmers could be working on added features to the engine if we spend the time to design and plan those features. For example there is no real interace. All players can do is walk around and talk. They can't buy, trade, sell, fight, enter building, nothing really.

All this should be planning out (game play).

Any thought?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well isn't building the first try for the first city and a few close by maps for it exactly what you're saying and what we're doing at the moment..?
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

Rotonen wrote:Well isn't building the first try for the first city and a few close by maps for it exactly what you're saying and what we're doing at the moment..?
well... sometimes i ask myself what is being worked on...
i agree, concept art is nice but doesn't give us any advantages from before since the game cannot make any use of them. artwork is great for the time the game itself has something to show. what would RO style art be w/o RO? :roll:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

kth5 wrote:well... sometimes i ask myself what is being worked on...
Same here. We have a lot of talented people here who have some good ideas and are interested in helping out, but it's hard to see what people are working on because people only seem to post when they are finished with their projects.

Rotonen perhaps we can cordinate our efforts a bit? You can make a list of things you are working on and I'll make a list of what I am working on. Then you can make a list of designers to work with you and I'll make a list of designers to work with me right now.

We can post the list here in the Forum so everybody knows what is being worked on for game art and more.

Maybe the developers can do the same?

Also kth5 are you still planning to add a WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT section to the Forums?
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

krismichael wrote: Also kth5 are you still planning to add a WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT section to the Forums?
well i would ask elven to do so if that's what everyone wants.

in any case, it would help if all the people that intend to work on something would show up on IRC so we can discuss these matters. yes, the forum is great but u can't really discuss something in here, right?
the developers - elven, simedw and i - meet daily in #manaworld so we discuss our things there and make notes of what has been done on the wiki and the CVS log.
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Wow what a confusion! Anyway what I need is a plan of the city since I'm working on shops. That's why we need a list of all items that you can buy to let Bear organize the server. About the artist I think they have to concentrate on creating a desert tileset and the playerset.
Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

Ummm, you guys do realize that am only head of original artwork and design. Elven has been bugging me about the playerset for months, the big point is I can't make any because am not good with photoshop. Infact am absolute garbage with photoshop. If I had time, like when my brother is not on the computer or thinking up drawings, then I would be glade to learn photoshop, drawing sprites or cell shading.

Final Stand: Do to stuff beyond my control, I have no graphical art experience. Besides the point, I don't have much time on the computer to learn any graphical art. What I can do is concept art, original art and design. Doing this doesn't require me to be on the computer, I have an art pad for this. I am experienced at 10yrs of drawing from dragon ball Z, to X-men series.