Unoffical Manamarket.

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
argul
Novice
Novice

Unoffical Manamarket.

Post by argul »

I propose banning the character "Unofficial Manamarket" which is in Hurnscald standing at players.
When that char moves to locations with lots of players (hurnscald) it is easy to miss the first part before the whitespace
and hence confusing this char with the official Manamarket.
I suspect that char for scamming
---
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Unoffical Manamarket.

Post by o11c »

We already have a rule about naming characters similar to a GM, so yeah.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I also think this name is rather problematic. But I would rather approach him than slapping him with a ban.
A lot of GMs have seen him and even interacted with him and neither of them detected a problem. I just looked through my logs and I cannot find any evidence that he has been scamming or even attempt to scam anyone.

If you however decide that he should no longer use this name I would rather talk to him than just ban him. Because by banning him he'll loose all his items on this char.
He is in fact a very nice guy... Don't be to fast with your assumptions. I think he means no harm though would agree on talking him into renaming the char.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

If there is a concern about player behavior in the game, contact a GM.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

I will contact the owner of the market, we know who he is, and talk with him about change his market name, we did not get a single report on scams or any weird behavior regarding the market, he also talks and interact with players every time he is online, he don't pretend to be a bot like Manamarket I believe he just had a bad name choice, So I will contact him and I'm sure he will not have problem to use another name on his market.
We don't ban for offensive names or personification of a GM without talking to the owner first 90% of the times they have no problem to create a new char move the items and delete the char with the wrong name.

Regards
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

It seems that tux explain the situation to the player and he already remove the market.
Thanks tux for the help.

Regards