Test ManaPlus version for MacOSX

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Knight
Knight

Test ManaPlus version for MacOSX

Post by 4144 »

Here is test build for MacOSX. It a bit outdated, but should work.

Update 2012-12-23
Latest builds for 10.6 and 10.6+ here

Old builds here or here

Please report any issues in this thread.
Last edited by 4144 on 23 Dec 2012, 14:37, edited 2 times in total.
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Re: Test ManaPlus version for MacOSX

Post by baseballboy »

I'm running OS X 10.8.2. It installed and downloaded the updates fine but when I went into a warp it crashed and now I can't reopen, ( I went from 009-1 to 009-2)
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

ManaPlus for MacOS! Thank you, 4144!

Unfortunately, the app crashes when I load it on 10.6.8. My computer has libcurl 6.0.0 and it appears to require libcurl 7. Maybe it requires a newer version of OSX?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Frost wrote:ManaPlus for MacOS! Thank you, 4144!

Unfortunately, the app crashes when I load it on 10.6.8. My computer has libcurl 6.0.0 and it appears to require libcurl 7. Maybe it requires a newer version of OSX?
Hm, may be.

This build by socapex. He now busy, after i will ask him.
May be he can include libcurl inside dmg.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I try it immediately :D :D :D
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Frost wrote:ManaPlus for MacOS! Thank you, 4144!

It seems that libcurl version should be greater than 7 (7.9.6) even in 10.6 :
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... url.3.html
:/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Ihave the same problem as Frost:

Code: Select all

Process:         ManaPlus [1815]
Path:            /Applications/ManaPlus.app/Contents/MacOS/ManaPlus
Identifier:      evolonline.ManaPlus
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [406]

Date/Time:       2012-12-20 13:31:54.183 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/ManaPlus.app/Contents/MacOS/ManaPlus
  Reason: Incompatible library version: ManaPlus requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0

Binary Images:
    0x7fff5fc00000 -     0x7fff5fc3bdef  dyld 132.1 (???) <B536F2F1-9DF1-3B6C-1C2C-9075EA219A06> /usr/lib/dyld
though:
Man wrote: [...] .
libcurl 7.9.6 19 March 2002 libcurl(3)

http://curl.haxx.se/download.html gives links to last versions (7.28.1). second and third links are for macports and fink use. opensource.apple has an xcode project of 7.28.4 at: http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/ ... -69.2/curl ... :/
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Hey everyone, thanks for the full error log. I am including many macports libraries in the release, this was to be expected. I will look into it and will upload a new version which hopefully fixes this.

If you encounter another problem like this, please post the full log (as I need to know exactly which library it is pointing to).

From what I see, OSX 10.8 provides the latest libcurl (libcurl.4 that is 7.0.0 compatible), but not 10.6. I will try including it and post an update here for ppl to test. These types of errors are to be expected while I figure out every library (and it's dependencies) that are required for 10.6.

Thanks for helping out!

edit:

Is any body here somewhat used to the terminal? If so, until I reinstall a 10.6 OSX, could you

cd to /usr/lib
and then post here the output of

otool -L libcurl.dylib
It would be very much appreciated :)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Man page refers to v 7.9.6 maybe it is worth a report?

Another trick: I noticed that libcurl.4.dylib is just an alias that points to libcurl.dylib ;/

localhost:downloads root# cd /usr/lib
localhost:lib root# otool -L libcurl.dylib
libcurl.dylib:
	/usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.1.0)
	/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version 0.9.8)
	/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version 0.9.8)
	/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.3)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Versions/A/LDAP (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 2.2.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 41.1.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 125.2.11)
localhost:lib root# 
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

I've sent a new version to 4144. From what I see it should work, as Snow Leopard provides all the correct dependencies with the correct compatibility versions. For further testing, it would certainly be nice to include the libcurl dependencies, so we would all be at exactly the same library versions.

@Nard: Yes, most dylibs are only aliases. What we want here is libcurl.4.
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Post by 0x0BAL »

It's working perfectly on os x lion.
But it lags when I try to enter to some building like the strove or the Inn in hurscland.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

0x0BAL wrote:it lags when I try to enter to some building
Try disabling music.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Socapex made new versions that should work better than the previous ones. One is for 10.6 and the other for 10.7+. Note that the version for 10.6 does not have translations thus you must speak english to understand the client correctly.
ManaPlus - Mac OS X

If you experience any bug at all, feel free to post it here along with your Mac OS X version. The more details you give, the better. Be aware that we are still working very hard on it in order to make the building process be much more easier.

Enjoy,
--Alige
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Enjoy! :)
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Can anybody confirm it is working on OSX Snow Leopard (10.6)?