Recent server updates.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I would suggest for high level players to make a new characters and play them for a while to see if the game became more pleasant. I do underestand it is harder to accept a change which makes you weaker, but you need to underestand it is not healthy situation if you may get incredibly strong in short period of time. Also the server content work is not yet done. If you can't hit a particular monster try some lower level one and see if you can hit it.

Regards.
frazzled
Peon
Peon

Post by frazzled »

Suddenly I'm hitting only 20s and 21s. Before the update I was hitting a range from about 40 - 100. I still have the same weapon equipped in my equipment screen.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Ok, it is a bug. To be fixed.

EDIT: Fixed now.

Regards.
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

I didnt start a new player but i know (low-)leveling will be a lot faster now... A year ago i was hunting green slimes for many many many many hours for little xp... (there was nothing else at this time :D).

I cant hit spiders at all. And if i'm not able to kill a spider other low/med lvl players wont be able too... But i believe the shortsword is necessary for the new monster stats! so its an vicious circle for low/med lvl players. They wont be able to get it...

Unfortunately, there is low-lvl content and "god"-lvl content in the game, but nothing between.
Platyna wrote:If you can't hit a particular monster try some lower level one and see if you can hit it.
hmm, so i have to kill about 1200 Gigant Margots to reach lvl58 :( because there is no stronger monster i can kill without potions. Even the cave is now too dangerous because of the masses of aggressive mobs...

btw: who is able to kill spiders, flowers, snakes,... at the moment?
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

have you tried to team up with someone? when you can't survive in the cave alone because you are outnumbered you can maybe survive with some party mates.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
JokerzWife
Peon
Peon

Yeah the Level gap is MASSIVE

Post by JokerzWife »

I still use my soulless player to guide people through the cave. I go in there with it if i need money. But With my souled players I can't kill anything but maggots and slimes .... ITS GETTING OLD. LOL I hope soon they bridge the gap between the monsters. After that last change where the gap became so great between monsters, I stopped playing as much. But I still like the game. Just not so much. 8)
Have A Happy Day!
~nettles~
Peon
Peon

Post by ~nettles~ »

I'm just like you JokerzWife I do use my souless to help go in the cave, also help others get through to get keys so they at least can fight with a good weapon, I used to be able to slide though the cave with no problem and even with my souless Lvl 73 I'm finding it hard, It's getting to be real hard to gain anything now in Exp well it's taking nearly a week Of full blow play to lvl up now. I have helped so many people over these last few weeks it wont be long when were all be at the same point of the game. STUCK .
Good luck to all the Newbies out there your gunna need it :?
haggard
Novice
Novice

yea

Post by haggard »

yea its all pretty screwed up but what can we do but wait for that final 1.0 version eh? and hopefully.......they would have fixed this little problem if not then give us godlike weapons....like a gun :shock: :D
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Can we stop talking about souless chars etc.? All chars will be removed in the future, new items will be added, new quests, skills etc. As I told several times - consider a deeper insight into basic attributes other than Strenght. There is no need to repeat one thing all over again, there are other server development issues which requires your attention. Thanks in advance.

Regards.
haggard
Novice
Novice

well then

Post by haggard »

and what would these issues be?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Implement Chat Channels handling (ChatHandler, ChatChannelManager)
Implement character movement and client notifications about this (BeingHandler)
Implement loading of items (ItemHandler)
Implement inventory and equipment system (ItemHandler)
Implement trading of items (TradeHandler)
Implement loading of being types (BeingHandler)
Implement at least one fully functional scripting backend (candidate: Ruby)
Implement ability to define quests (QuestHandler)
Synchronize world contents with eAthena server
Possibly convert players from the eAthena server one way or another
Implement Account's Levels (AccountHandler)
Implement usual and admin commands depending on the account level (every Handlers)

Source:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Roadmap
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
haggard
Novice
Novice

oh

Post by haggard »

yea that would be a lot of issues but i cant help with any of them so im going to continue to ramble on about useless crap :lol: :lol: :lol:
SickAffixation
Peon
Peon

Post by SickAffixation »

Bian Marshall wrote:the prices of weapons are a little bitter, and the variety is poor.

This is my opinion
Agreed , And when the next update comes around make sure alot of the bigger problems get fixed and some new things are added. Im new and im not even level 30 yet and killing scorpions and bats is getting really old espeically when its the only thing there is to do besides chat and do quests

Besides all that Manaworld rocks and im already addicted :D
You beat me sweet....
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I already stated in a first post new weapons will be added, I hope for server update which will come with 0.0.20 but it isn't sure. Sure is 0.0.21 since I have some heavy IRL stuff on my head and I don't have a time for a month or two so for this time server updates will be done by a pen and paper.

Regards.