have neko in tulimshar sell some kind of shorts and/or skirt

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

bell chick
Novice
Novice

have neko in tulimshar sell some kind of shorts and/or skirt

Post by bell chick »

i know inar in the second marketplace carries shorts but many newbies dont know this yet,. its less a deal to the guys with the boxers but a lot of us girls when we are new had to run around in the thong for a while. i think i was in mine for two days and had the leather shirt and a hat long before i had pants. just seemes like a minor thing that could help the newbs feel more normal
eiseras
Newly Registered User

Re: have neko in tulimshar sell some kind of shorts and/or s

Post by eiseras »

bell chick wrote:us girls when we are new had to run around in the thong for a while.
Yeah. I thought that it was perhaps a hazing thing, you have to earn your pants. My main goal at the beginning of the game was to buy pants. I spent my first 1000GP on shorts.

But guys get boxer shorts that are about the length of normal shorts, don't they?* At least they could have y fronts... (in terms of fairness or whatever).

*A serious question, I'm not totally sure xD
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think maybe new characters should spawn with both pants and shirts so that they look more modest.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Crush wrote:I think maybe new characters should spawn with both pants and shirts so that they look more modest.
well it fits the story line that you're robbed of everything which is why characters are spawned as they are but the old lady who first greets you could give shorts as well as that first cotton shirt. but my idea wasnt to make the pants easier to get for newbies just make them easier to find.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

If Sorfina would give out the shorts together with the shirt at the beginning, we'd have to consider balancing effects and change it's value.
But adding the shorts to Neko's shop doesn't hurt any balancing, since it's already available for the same price at the market in North Tulimshar. So I did that: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... eaecef0be8

It'll become active with the next restart. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Jenalya wrote:If Sorfina would give out the shorts together with the shirt at the beginning, we'd have to consider balancing effects and change it's value.
How about adding a "newbie shorts" which looks like the regular one but has 0 def? That wouldn't affect balance at all.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

eiseras wrote:
bell chick wrote:us girls when we are new had to run around in the thong for a while.
Yeah. I thought that it was perhaps a hazing thing, you have to earn your pants. My main goal at the beginning of the game was to buy pants. I spent my first 1000GP on shorts.

But guys get boxer shorts that are about the length of normal shorts, don't they?* At least they could have y fronts... (in terms of fairness or whatever).
The boxers are a bit shorter.

But, girls get a top ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I would agree to Crush's proposal to give out shorts with no defence.
Is there any reasonable argument besides "having girls running around naked is awesome" against giving out shorts as well?
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

New players will get Ragged Shorts at the tutorial after the next restart. :)
Thanks for the suggestions.
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... 456102baf7
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... e598c971bd
eiseras
Newly Registered User

Post by eiseras »

o11c wrote:
The boxers are a bit shorter.

But, girls get a top ...
Oh, I didn't know guys don't get tops. I suppose they should be given a shirt as well then?
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

guys get tops just the same :)