Motion of the character

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Motion of the character

Post by Yeremy »

Humm.... Don't you think that our character should be a bit slower? I mean the motion of the movement. Sometimes it looks a bit funny. I don't think that it's a problem to erease 2 or 3 frames from the motion :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

a new animation system is planned for the next version that will solve this and many different issues.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Post by Yeremy »

Oh. OK, then :) I'm thinking about joining the community as a developer, but in twoo months :P I was asking cuz I wanted to make some clothes for our naked friend :P
haggard
Novice
Novice

i dunno

Post by haggard »

i like the fast movements of the sprites personally. gets you where you want to go fast. im a huge final fantasy player and the characters on there are slow so when i play a game like TMW i like the whole fast movements
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Motion of the character

Post by Modanung »

Yeremy wrote:I don't think that it's a problem to erease 2 or 3 frames from the motion :)
Uhm... when you keep the same framerate and remove frames the animation will only become faster. :?

haggard, I think fast movement should be done by public transport (boat, train, caravan, etc.) or by personal transport (horsies, huge salamanders, rowing boats, dragonbirds, etc.). And maybe boots of speed, a 'haste' spell or a magic jump (magically jump half a screen in the desired direction or a clicked spot) or something. Maybe scrolls of recal, townportals and such.
So not by unnatural basic walking speeds. Oh and maybe we could have stamina based running, like in Diablo II.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: i dunno

Post by Crush »

haggard wrote:i like the fast movements of the sprites personally. gets you where you want to go fast. im a huge final fantasy player and the characters on there are slow so when i play a game like TMW i like the whole fast movements
We are talking about the too fast animation sequence, not the move speed.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
knivey
Novice
Novice

dbz

Post by knivey »

how about a world map like in dbz
All your base are belong to us.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yeremy wrote:Oh. OK, then :) I'm thinking about joining the community as a developer, but in twoo months :P I was asking cuz I wanted to make some clothes for our naked friend :P
New pixel artists are always more than welcome! :)
This message used to be meaningful.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Re: i dunno

Post by haggard »

that sounds like a better idea...makes it funner for the simple fact that you would have to earn the haste spell and or find the animal of choice to transport you......i really like it. kind of like riding chocobo's. and as for the whole stamina thing....that was always annoying in diablo unless you can build it in stats
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

A chrono/time mage could maybe even cast haste on his steed.

It isn't certain yet which skills will eventually be in the skill system. But if we will have stamina-based running we might have a stamina skill as well.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Post by Yeremy »

So I'll try to do my best after next update :P
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

if the whole stamina thing is to go through definitly do a stamina skill......without that were not only sittin around for our health but also our stamina
knivey
Novice
Novice

drugz

Post by knivey »

have like a black market where they sell drugs to speed up your character but the drugs could also have a negative effect on your character too O_O
All your base are belong to us.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Re: drugz

Post by haggard »

knivey wrote:have like a black market where they sell drugs to speed up your character but the drugs could also have a negative effect on your character too O_O
like a decreased stamina level after the effect wares off, or slower health increase rate for a short period of time....kind of like going through withdrawals :D
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Sounds like alcohol + asprin to me :)