tux9th leaving dev team by my fault?

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

tux9th leaving dev team by my fault?

Post by Reid »

Ablu wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:(due to not being able to handle trolls)
I only wanted to make clear that these trolls were you (Chicka-Maria) and Reid if I got the story right. Everybody knows that you and tux do not like each other a lot.

So better stop writing crap and try to get along with each other.

Regards
Ablu
Quote from this thread
I wasn't aware that tux9th leaved the developer team by my fault, I feel bad to hear this.
If it's right, then tux, you have all of my excuse for this and I'm sad for your leaving. If I recall it right, this could be probably be caused by a missplaced comment on your starting map, am I right?

The context was that somebody, probably Ablu, quoted me while I was talking/amusing with some developers from an other project about the work in progress of a map which was meant to go in TMW rather soon. And which was of a poor quality when I saw it...
Don't take it bad, that was one of your first map, and it was using untested and undone tilesets. I don't think that it's good to encourage to use poor quality content just to make peoples and players happy.

I hope that you'll reconsider your leaving and that you'll accept my excuse, your skills increased rapidly and it's such a pity that you leaved this project when you were able to make it beautier.
My words wasn't meant to hurt and you should know now that I speak frankly when it comes to game development, and this to anyone. ^^'
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Re: tux9th leaving dev team by my fault?

Post by Ablu »

Hi Reid,

Sorry if my post was a bit misleading. I do not know if it was the exact reason, but I realised that tux was quite angry about this comment about the map behind the back. However I do not think that this was the only reason (probably only the smalles reason). But of course i can only rate this from a third persons view.

Regards and I hope I you do not understand this other post as a false accusation,
Ablu
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Actually Reid its not your fault so don't blame yourself, here are logs to tux9th leaving the developer team. I have covered up a persons name because it is not my responsibility to say who's involved so they are named "person". This should clear up a bit of things mentioned in his poll. And people shouldn't make assumptions if they don't know what happened...even though they witnessed it.
Reid wrote:Don't take it bad, that was one of your first map, and it was using untested and undone tilesets. I don't think that it's good to encourage to use poor quality content just to make peoples and players happy.'
Also tux did not make that map, he was trying to change the untested tiles to tested ones. I used those "untested" tiles trying to help mrgrey with his Halloween quest since nobody else wanted to help him. That I will take responsibility for and say its not tuxs fault for that matter.
Attachments
nov19.txt
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

To be fair, people offered to help, just... rather close to the deadline lol. That was overall my own fault.

That log is just how I remember it... "person" making a small joke or two, and having his knowledge insulted by both tux and Ablu. Of course, since "person" has some previous history with some of the older devs, I will leave a warning - this topic WILL be locked if you will all use it as an excuse to insult each other. This topic does have some small potential to be helpful, so I'll leave it as is for now.

*edit* Not pointing fingers, I understand fully well why some would not get along with... "person" heh. I just don't support grudges being held and passed on to people who have no reason to hold a grudge.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Reid it's not your fault. at all. I didn't even remember that discussion until a few moments ago when I read about it on the forums. It's noones fault... I just didn't have any fun anymore so I quit.

chicka: you cannot get people to understand the full picture if you pick out one part. But if this is the picture you want to paint so be it. I'm indifferent to all of that. It's not like it is going to change anything unless Platyna is going to die a sudden death therefore her veto vanishes. (I do not wish that to happen, if you have any health concerns contact me.)
I would really like the drama to stop at that point. I'm just a normal guy don't make such a riot over a little thing. everything is fine (besides the lag) calm down get back to your usual life.
However it is nice to see something going on in the forums.

greets tux9th
Sharona
Peon
Peon

Post by Sharona »

why can't we all get along :(
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

tux9th wrote:It's not like it is going to change anything unless Platyna is going to die a sudden death therefore her veto vanishes.
Wishful thinking, now people are thinking what if I died a sudden death...I have to leave with the fact that my decision are offten unpopular, but they are impartial and always with the wellness of the project on my mind.

Regards.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Platyna wrote:Wishful thinking, now people are thinking what if I died a sudden death...I have to leave with the fact that my decision are offten unpopular, but they are impartial and always with the wellness of the project on my mind.

Regards.
It's the exact contrary of wishful thinking :P! Why would I want you to die... It was just to picture why it is useless to discuss about it ...
I bare no ill will against you in that matter.
Let's just drop this ...

greets