Running My Own Server

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
JvJ

Running My Own Server

Post by JvJ »

I'm not sure where I should ask this question, but I'd like to do some independent development with ManaSource. Is it possible to run my own server? Or at least, is it possible to run a client without a server?

Thanks.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Running My Own Server

Post by Crush »

Yes, you can set up your own server. You can find the guides on the wiki.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Running My Own Server

Post by Nard »

JvJ wrote:I'm not sure where I should ask this question, but I'd like to do some independent development with ManaSource. Is it possible to run my own server? Or at least, is it possible to run a client without a server?

Thanks.
For ManaSource, Documentation is here: http://doc.manasource.org/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.