What is your main character focused skill?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Speed
52%
Astral Soul
18%
Raging
12%
Mallard's Eye
18%
Resist Poison
No votes
Brawling
No votes

Total votes: 33
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Hi everyone,
after leon made his poll of classes i got curious to see what is your main character focused skill.
i bet speed is by far the most common focused skill, the majority of archers use it and probably most of the warriors. but i think it will be nice to see the percentage of focused skill among players, if anyone use skills like brawling or resist poison at all or for example to see how many Mallard's eye archers are still out there.
I use speed, i like it when my attack delay is as low as possible to be able to hit mobs faster and walking speed as fast as possible to be able to dodge mobs.
So what is your main focused skill and why do prefer it?
Last edited by SriNitayanda on 14 Feb 2013, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Re: What is your main character focused skill?

Post by chaslinux »

Speed is my focused skill, but I already have 9 in most other skills (and 9 in speed)... Never get poisoned, so no need to focus on it.
fuadfauzi
Peon
Peon

Post by fuadfauzi »

1st --> Mallard Eye's Skill
2nd --> Speed Skill (next focus)
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I play different characters depending on my mood. There are a few ways to define "main" character.

Highest level char: Raging
I love being able to kill anything that moves. With a betsanc and/or healing, this guy is unstoppable. It's funny to see him slowly swing for critical hits while other fighters rabbit-punch the monsters. Slow but deadly!

"Main" char: Astral Soul
My tanked mage is possibly my most powerful character. He has enough defense to survive most situations, can support a large group of other characters with healing, and he has enough agility to do serious damage himself.
Frost can rescue Cindy alone. He can kill a skull with chiza. In armor, he can kill a JackO without running.

Most often played: Speed
I love skipping around the graveyard with my speed archer. 100 Dexterity, maximum agility (except for the cool sunglasses), and a little extra luck and vitality. He can "kite" a horde of monsters that would smash any warrior and has enough Intelligence to heal other characters.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
kitten
Newly Registered User

Post by kitten »

Speed
Ichimaru Leon
Peon
Peon

Post by Ichimaru Leon »

i love so much on raging...

it give much criticals and also can help easier to hit like jackos and skulls...
:) :) :) :)
TGE
Peon
Peon

Post by TGE »

malard eye for me, im at lvl 74 now, but im thinking about changing to speed.

i guess malard is better when you are low lvl, the extra range and accuracy are very handy
but in high lvl i think speed makes more difference in dps

just my 2 cents:P
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Since I believe fighting is about being fast, Speed of course.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Mallard's Eye ... I originally focused it when I was too low level for Speed to be any good. I sort of intend to restat for Speed, but:
1. Mallard's Eye has a damage bonus
2. Mallard's Eye is more survivable with lag.

My most interesting char has Brawling focused. I really *should* de-nerf it, but I don't want to be accused of being selfish.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

My main char, and also the other ones except my mage (who is focused on astral soul of course), are all focused on speed skill.
I think i prefer that skill really more than other ones because i hate to be slow :lol:

Speed skill provides the sensation to be as fast as a thunderbolt, especially as an archer :wink:
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

My main is a tank-archer, speed9, 100 dex, high enough agi to flinch-lock skeletons and zombies, and enough luck, vitality, and armor to take a beating. The main downside to this build is that the low int and high armor makes it impossible to heal my friends. This build is efficient, with 1 gp arrows, and the occasional water, steak, or apple. It doesn't cost too much to level, levels pretty quickly, and is lag-tolerant in many situations. With a shield and setzer equipped, it can also tank most monsters (up to lady skels) without problems, and even some harder ones for a little bit, in a pinch. Works well in groups, or solo; very flexible (except for the lack of heals, itenplz, and other fun magic).
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

o11c wrote: 1. Mallard's Eye has a damage bonus
2. Mallard's Eye is more survivable with lag.
As much as i know M. eye doesn't have bonus to damage(i am wrong here see next post), only accuracy and range which is useful at lower levels when your accuracy is too low to hit monsters often (accuracy raises with level and dex score). But u can get M. eye at level 50, which is not so far from level 60 where u can already get speed skill, so i prefer to save the skill points i get till level 60 for speed skill and when getting it i can already almost max it.
Last edited by SriNitayanda on 15 Feb 2013, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

SriNitayanda wrote:As much as i know M. eye doesn't have bonus to damage,
I just looked in the code, and these are the direct effects of Mallard's Eye:
  • reduce the quadratic to-hit penalty by POWER/75 - at max POWER, this is 2
  • increase attack range by POWER/60, capped at 3 - at max POWER, this is 3 even without the cap.
  • add damage bonus of POWER/10 - at max POWER, this is 20 in theory and 18 with current data.
Where POWER is the result of a funky formula that depends on the product of the skill and the associated stat, and lies in the range 0 to 200 (at level 10 in a skill with 100 in the stat) or up to 180 with current data which only provides up to skill level 9.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

o11c wrote:
SriNitayanda wrote:As much as i know M. eye doesn't have bonus to damage,
Sorry for posting wrong info, i don't read code just get my info in the wiki. :oops:
already changed it in the original comment also.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

But still i dont notice the difference in damage when using m. eye skill or speed, max critical damage with terra arrows and iron potion is 475 with either skill focus