Some help would be nice.

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
triggs
Peon
Peon

Some help would be nice.

Post by triggs »

I have started work on building a "friendly bot" for my public server to act as ManaMarket. I have already coded most of the bot program but I'm having problems with sending and receiving packets. I can connect to the physical server but not get past the login server (I can't seem to get through sending any packet with the login information). The bot does NOT render anything as it is not a client but a separate program just running an instance. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
--J Triggs
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Some help would be nice.

Post by o11c »

There's some documentation here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... na_Packets

Pretty much only the login-server stuff is complete. Help is welcome!
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
triggs
Peon
Peon

Post by triggs »

o11c wrote:There's some documentation here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... na_Packets

Pretty much only the login-server stuff is complete. Help is welcome!
Thanks!

EDIT: Question: Whats the Socket Flag?
--J Triggs
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I have started work on building a "friendly bot" for my public server to act as ManaMarket. I have already coded most of the bot program but I'm having problems with sending and receiving packets
Why do you have to reinvent the wheel? I thought friendly bots on TMW would have to be free software...
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
triggs
Peon
Peon

Post by triggs »

Crush wrote:
I have started work on building a "friendly bot" for my public server to act as ManaMarket. I have already coded most of the bot program but I'm having problems with sending and receiving packets
Why do you have to reinvent the wheel? I thought friendly bots on TMW would have to be free software...
Well I didn't know this and the problem is how I'm coding it. I'm coding it using VB and C++ is what TMW stuff is coded in so either way I would have problems. I didn't know that you can download the bot code.

EDIT: I can't find the source code now that I've started looking for it
--J Triggs