Hello. Mystogan is not playing anymore TMW.

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Hello. Mystogan is not playing anymore TMW.

Post by Frost »

Slimor wrote:i would never give my Acc datas away
i see no reasons why i should do it
Very true. Many people learn this from having some bad experience. It's better to learn that lesson in a game than when someone asks to borrow the key to your house.

No matter how many times they are warned, most people are surprised (and have no backups) the first time they lose files to a virus or hardware failure. Some people die without a legal will to declare their heirs. We are each naïve in some way.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

As an IT professional I consider sharing an account to a computer system like sharing your underwear. It's something so intimate you wouldn't even do it with someone you DO trust.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Crush wrote:As an IT professional I consider sharing an account to a computer system like sharing your underwear. It's something so intimate you wouldn't even do it with someone you DO trust.
I'm editing news.php (which incidentally, is not up-to-date in the repository ... fixing)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:I'm changing news.php
Will you include this quote? :lol:
Crush wrote:Sharing an account to a computer system like sharing your underwear.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

To those of you wishing to simply have access to shared items, which many older players do, simply create a shared account and put the things into it that you can afford to lose. You can then share that account with another. Be forewarned though that losing items is not the only concern you may have.
I once had access to a shared account and was left as the sole owner as other players left the game. What I ended up with was an account that I signed into to keep active, but hardly ever used. I didn't keep track of what they and I added to the account. The best purpose of having something like this is in gaining trust. I have learnt that not everyone is untrustworthy when anonymous, as I once thought. It has helped me in my personal life as well. When the day comes that I do trust the wrong people, I will still remember how long it actually took for a mishap to occur and consider it a positive lesson in cautiousness. Always test a player before giving this information... "lend" them something at a time when you ARE NOT getting along before giving information like this. It is best to test one character at their least admirable state.
Becoming a sole inheritor of an account like this can be a burden, much like an inherited estate can be. I don't suggest it, but it can be eye opening in a positive sense as well.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak