Relocation of the Mana World Services - March 9th 2013

Where game and project announcements are made.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Re: Relocation of the Mana World Services - March 9th 2013

Post by bell chick »

o11c wrote:migration complete
although the forum is working for me the game is not. is that as expected?
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

working for me.
but it can take time for the dns changes. try to connect directly to the ip which is 5.9.155.249

greets
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

thanks tux. that did it. unfortunately the online list isnt working for this method which makes it hard to know when friends are on organize candors and illias. so ill wait till its truly working
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

if you're using the IP only it is natural that the online list doesn't work because it queries the domain and this is not updated for you yet. therefore it will take some time until the online list will work but at least you can play :)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Reports are:
  • Under normal conditions, there is much less lag.
  • Under extreme conditions (@spawn Reaper 100), it is still possible to get unplayable lag.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

o11c wrote:Reports are:
  • Under extreme conditions (@spawn Reaper 100), it is still possible to get unplayable lag.
this must be client lag I didn't expierience any
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:Reports are:
  • Under normal conditions, there is much less lag.
Conditions are not yet normal:
connection problems to account server, to char server, to mapserver
no one in Gy, freshly transferred files, maybe it is a bit soon to conclude something.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Nard wrote: connection problems to account server, to char server, to mapserver
no one in Gy, freshly transferred files, maybe it is a bit soon to conclude something.
Too soon for a final conclusion, but we can share early observations.
This is the first I heard about connection problems to the new server (except if someone didn't get the DNS update yet.) Can you give more details so we can look into the situation?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

People, don't thank me, it was moved without my consent and without any notice (I digged up my MAILBOX throughly), in a dirtiest possible way - it is horrible that TMW ended up in hands of people doing that things.

Well, I forgot to tell in my original player talk post (even forum privs such as editing posts were taken away from me, so I was basically kicked out the project) what is saddest thing - I spent the money you donated to Platinum/TMW for a new machine, it lays right in front on me, and I have spent the time to configure it - it was supposed to be a machine dedicated to TMW, a suprice for brought online along with a spring/summer in celebration of my thesis defence which will take part in April, well, I hope I can still sell it and move the resources to a different things.

Frost: you are the worst person I have ever met on the Internet, I can only imagine how happy you are now. Enjoy.

Regards.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Frost wrote:
Nard wrote: connection problems to account server, to char server, to mapserver
Too soon for a final conclusion, but we can share early observations.
This is the first I heard about connection problems to the new server (except if someone didn't get the DNS update yet.) Can you give more details so we can look into the situation?
Sure:
I can connect with IP address
I could connect twce with Name, I was kicked once. Since that time I have either:
  • couldn't connect to remote host
  • interruption of connexion process after the login dialog
  • interruption of connexion process after the news
  • interruption of connexion process after the char choice dialog
weird :/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Tasisia
Peon
Peon

So Far - So Good

Post by Tasisia »

Platyna wrote:People, don't thank me, it was moved without my consent and without any notice (I digged up my MAILBOX throughly), in a dirtiest possible way - it is horrible that TMW ended up in hands of people doing that things. Frost: you are the worst person I have ever met on the Internet, I can only imagine how happy you are now.
To Platyna, I don't know you at all Platyna and I am VERY sorry that you are upset that is very sad.

Although I must say that if Frost is "the worst person you have ever met on the Internet" then you are one very lucky woman. I have found in my dealings with Frost that he is helpful, funny and thoughtful.

To the Devs and GMs and the Anonymous One, so far so good, some of the family were on today and I found the game to be fantastic, if there was any lag I didn't notice it and was amazed out how fast everything was playing, so much more fun. Thank you for all your hard work!

In the last couple of months I have seen a lot of players grumbling about lag, and I was myself thinking that maybe Australia is too far away from the server to have the game work properly. After today's play though I am much more optimistic.

I hope that all the players will enjoy the improved performance!!

Cheers :D
Tas
Tasisia
Peon
Peon

Post by Tasisia »

Nard wrote:
Frost wrote: Too soon for a final conclusion, but we can share early observations.
Sure:
I can connect with IP address
I could connect twce with Name, I was kicked once. Since that time I have either:
  • couldn't connect to remote host
  • interruption of connexion process after the login dialog
  • interruption of connexion process after the news
  • interruption of connexion process after the char choice dialog
weird :/
I must admit when I first tried to get on this morning I couldn't. I thought at first the game wasn't up and running yet. After checking in the IRC chat I restarted computer and game worked without problems. I guess that was my notebook trying to find new address.

PS: 2 of our Notebooks connect easily to proper server, another only by DNS at this stage.
Zopar
Peon
Peon

Post by Zopar »

Seems another door is closing and another one opening. My hat is off to all the powers that make it so. I appreciate the time and efforts so many have put into this game to make it better. I don't really know you Platyna except when your spawn party's are killing everyone! Thanks for hosting so many years! I hope this is just a crossroad and things will work out for the best.
Fewer things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
- Mark Twain
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I just read "senior developers" in the first post and had a good laugh because of that.

I am on Platynas side for this one, even though she is just a noob too.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Matt wrote:I just read "senior developers" in the first post and had a good laugh because of that.
How would you phrase "bjorn, elven, freeyorp and crush" in short? not sure what's funny about that.
---