Dear TMW Community.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
TGE
Peon
Peon

Re: Dear TMW Community.

Post by TGE »

I apologise for my previous post

After a long and more careful reading and talking with some players I now think my previously posted opinion was too rash.

I have a now a better understanding as to why things were done the way they were (even thou i don't totally support them) but i also think the game doesn't belong to a single person.

I will not state more opinions on this matter since im a novice player and once again i apologise for my previous post.

peace
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Nard wrote:@o11c:

Perhaps someone will post a topic like "serious proposition to make evol server the official one" in a not so far future.
gawd i sincerely hope not. no offense to that games devs but my experience with whats there so far was quite horrible. cinstant grinding quests with no freedom to skip them such as tmw has
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

bell chick wrote:

Perhaps someone will post a topic like "serious proposition to make evol server the official one" in a not so far future.
gawd i sincerely hope not. no offense to that games devs but my experience with whats there so far was quite horrible. cinstant grinding quests with no freedom to skip them such as tmw has
And those now are in power of the server. I was a community and a server (as a machine, connectivity, OS etc.) admin, also I was making trivias and spawn parties.

All the boring quests, lags etc. are a result of bad programming of those who are now in power.

Regards.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Makes me sad to see you all fighting like this but I guess it could not be helped , I 've been playing this game for two years now and I enjoy it very much , I like the people here the fact that even though we are a small community we worked well together and have love for this game, I would hate to see this fight cause the game to end . I'm only a player but I do hope that you all can come together and work something out and settle this matter .
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

bell chick wrote:gawd i sincerely hope not. no offense to that games devs but my experience with whats there so far was quite horrible. cinstant grinding quests with no freedom to skip them such as tmw has

The content even in TMW is supposed to be followed, and quest are supposed to help players to keep fun playing while talking to others. if you have no interest in solving quest, at least once then you are not a rpg player

Now comparing TMW content to evol's one clearly shows that you know nothing about TMW. I you knew what TMW was only 3years ago, after 5 years of Platyna hosting you should not say that. More: server development has little to do with content and the client you are supposed to useat the moment is mainly the result of 4144 work; who is also the evol server developer. The Player who has played multiple chars with mana and manaplus since several years (which is not your case) can measure the amount and quality of work that has ben done.
btw first time players whose only goal is to get 99 with no effort are just like the name you chose: they make noise and there is nothing inside .
Platyna wrote:All the boring quests, lags etc. are a result of bad programming of those who are now in power.
My advice is that the huge grinding content was at a time were there were players, but not much content. The only immediate solution was to make them work for a long time, Probably, as Crush said, they were too much focused on making big temporary events that on developing peramanent onealso almost none of the devs of that time is active now. A huge job has been made by Jenalya, Alastrim, cody, ali-g, V0id and many others. lags causes are not yet well known.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

lol you still insist ive made no effort because i had help art one point gathering some coal by archers?
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

FTR. ive completed every quest on tmw so have indeed made an effort. but this is off the topic of this post
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Platyna wrote:
bell chick wrote:

And those now are in power of the server. I was a community and a server (as a machine, connectivity, OS etc.) admin, also I was making trivias and spawn parties.

All the boring quests, lags etc. are a result of bad programming of those who are now in power.

Regards.

with all due respect, You haven't given an item away since 2011, you have spawned a set of illia sisters items and assassin gear for yourself, but that's from going through the logs. You can prove me wrong if needed. the logs are there for everyone (2011, Nov if it helps you search). illia january of this year and assassins in 2010.

I normally don't get trolled in the game or the forum, but Frost and o11c and jenayla, care more for the game than i can quote! Its all about moving the game forward ! and they do.

I need to give props were props are due .......... i will respond if needed, if not, find me in the game, trying to help move it forward!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Edmundo
Newly Registered User

Post by Edmundo »

Oy Vey !!! :shock:
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote: with all due respect, You haven't given an item away since 2011, you have spawned a set of illia sisters items and assassin gear for yourself, but that's from going through the logs. You can prove me wrong if needed. the logs are there for everyone (2011, Nov if it helps you search). illia january of this year and assassins in 2010.

I normally don't get trolled in the game or the forum, but Frost and o11c and jenayla, care more for the game than i can quote! Its all about moving the game forward ! and they do.

I need to give props were props are due .......... i will respond if needed, if not, find me in the game, trying to help move it forward!

Prsm
I was hosting spawn parties instead of trivias, and many players got many great items and exp. So now we went to the point where GMs I set, will keep saying to the community I was doing nothing over years...

Regards.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

You know....This is the worst I have seen The Mana World in my (almost) 4 years of playing here...I still have screenshots when I first came into this world, made friends, had happy times on the game with others. I have met many friends on The Mana World and Relationships I will always cherish. It really hurt's to leave for two weeks today to see this community In its darkest time..With developers leaving, players leaving and it not even being over yet. I just want to say before I leave....Please think about all the good times you have had on the game and please do what is right for the game and the players to be happy again.

I will not get into the drama before I leave because I don't want to leave with a blind eye.. But this post is not directed to just 1 side.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
GiGi
Peon
Peon

Post by GiGi »

There have been communication issues with Platyna since quite a long time now. As far as I see this is on the one hand because Platyna doesn't have much time for tmw, due to her studies and real life obligations. On the other hand, the community evolves over time, and currently active gms and devs weren't around while Platyna was more active.
I'm a player for about 3 years now, and have never seen Platyna.

I have heard though, about occurrences of her appearing online, making public announcements that everyone can see, complaining, making personal attacks, and swearing about how much effort she has to put in to maintain the server, and about GMs vs Devs.

If I didn't start paying attention to the forums, then I would never know who Platyna is.

When did this open-source project become a personal issue? Because IMHO if things get personal in a project like this, something needs to change, and I am in favour of the change that has been made. There are less lags, and noone is yelling personal insults via public announcements -a blatant abuse of power.

You may take my opinion with a grain of salt, but it is my opinion. I play this game for fun, not for politics.
Tasisia
Peon
Peon

Post by Tasisia »

GiGi is my daughter and it was me that witnessed some of these incidents.

I didn't mention it because I do not have a chat log, or remember other players that were around to back up my story.

At the time I didn't know who Platyna was, I said to Draugn and GiGi that someone with a GM green coloured name called Platyna was in town swearing, talking about the fact that they should be studying. Basically talking like an ordinary player who was being silly and NOT like someone who was an official, a GM. I assumed a very young woman under pressure from Uni studies. I was very surprised that they, Platyna, were doing all this talk as Global Announcements though - it did not seem appropriate to me.

That is when Draugn and GiGi told me who Platyna really was.

Other things I witnessed, and there have been many, are the public town meetings discussing the server issues, GMs talking in town about their efforts to contact Platyna and having trouble, players complaining constantly about lag, public town meeting about the the server moving.... it goes on.

I feel really sad for Platyna, I don't know her but she still sounds to me like a young woman under pressure.

Rgds
Tas, who has had TOO much time on her hands due to an injury!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Tasisia wrote:GiGi is my daughter and it was me that witnessed some of these incidents.

I didn't mention it because I do not have a chat log, or remember other players that were around to back up my story.

At the time I didn't know who Platyna was, I said to Draugn and GiGi that someone with a GM green coloured name called Platyna was in town swearing, talking about the fact that they should be studying. Basically talking like an ordinary player who was being silly and NOT like someone who was an official, a GM. I assumed a very young woman under pressure from Uni studies. I was very surprised that they, Platyna, were doing all this talk as Global Announcements though - it did not seem appropriate to me.

That is when Draugn and GiGi told me who Platyna really was.

Other things I witnessed, and there have been many, are the public town meetings discussing the server issues, GMs talking in town about their efforts to contact Platyna and having trouble, players complaining constantly about lag, public town meeting about the the server moving.... it goes on.

I feel really sad for Platyna, I don't know her but she still sounds to me like a young woman under pressure.

Rgds
Tas, who has had TOO much time on her hands due to an injury!
Global announcements are registered in the GM logs, so this can be verified. Btw, I never understood why everyone is so obsessed with "power abuse" such as a GM using too many globals, it's not that harmful to anyone. Also, define "swearing", please. I've seen people accuse me of swearing for saying they're a silly head.

TMW Team member

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

You know WildX, they do admit they are new and they don't know me but they to try to discredit me, making a silly kid out of me. Nicer and nicer things happens. People seems to feel the "new forces driving TMW" and react like that. Some of them really believes that the lag was hosting fault, even if those who stolen files, not so long ago, posted on forums something completely opposite

Tasisia and GIGI, I am a community admin since 7 years, joined the project 8 years ago, when we had 5 players online, I have scripted the server, I have provided hosting, and technical support, I was a GM, I have set simple and fair rules that worked fine all these years and allowed the players to have fun without being harassed, I have advertised TMW, and wrote articles about it - so more people would find out, then I went to the university, so I have divided my powers to, what I thought back then, decent and trustworthy persons, who turned to be just powerhungry egoists, who are now lying that lag was because of machine etc. I was then doing a silent job keeping the server and network up, and keeping an eye on the community and GHP so everything will run fine and smoothly.

So, if you don't know me, here I am.

Regards.