- The purpose of the TMWC is to make or delegate decisions regarding the running of The Mana World (TMW).
- There are different scopes under TMWC's authority in order to balance and separate the projects responsibility and management.
- TMWC understands that all members are h8ere to help each other fulfill the common vision of making a Open Source 2D MMORPG.
- Someone can hold part or all of a role and not be a TMWC member, but they need to have the required knowledge or experience to fulfill that role.
- To become a TMWC member, you need to gain in membership in the one of the following categories of contributors; Game Master,Server Admin, or Developer and must be approved by a majority of TMWC.
- In the event that no TMWC remain, but roles are fulfilled by non-TMWC members. Those members may assume
- TMWC title to fulfill TMWC's duties to their best ability.
- The board will be the SPI Liaison or appoint one.
- Changes to TMWC governance and/or Organization
- Changes to Game, Forum, Etiquette and Wiki rule changes. (not guidelines)
- Voting a member into TMWC or to adviser status or to revoke membership or ban a member.
- If a member becomes inactive (stops) in their contributions for a period longer than 1 year, they will be moved to adviser status.
- Prior members only have to show activity again to regain status.
- Any member can call a vote to revoke someone's membership or ban a member.
- At any time, any member may revoke their own membership or opt for adviser status.
- Maintain guidelines for contributors to follow on the wiki.
- Maintain documentation on changes made.
- Provide tutorials, training and/or time to newer contributors.
- Leadership among the contributors will be done without coercion.
- Addressing community Forums posts / polls / suggestions
- Responsible for moderating and enforcing the rules of the game, wiki and forums.
- All Game Masters are members of The Mana World Collective.
- To become a Game Master, a person must be voted in by the player community
- Are those that have ssh access to the server and are responsible for server restarts, maintenance, and the general health of the server overall.
- Are those that are Forum Admins and/or Wiki Admins.
- Are those that deal with Account resets/info and aid in GM investigations.
- To become a member of this group, a person must first show the appropriate knowledge and willingness to devote time.
- Programmers are responsible for making changes to the code base.
- Content Creators are responsible for adding quests, items and monsters either via scripting, mapping, sound, client theme or pixel art.
- Web developers are responsible for the website's front and/or back-end work.
- Translators work on client,server and wiki data to provide them in as many languages as we can.
- Developer group maintains a visible project plan.
- To become a member of this group, a person must show appropriate knowledge, contribute to the project and learn and gain 'git' access.
- To become a member of this group, a person needs to be a prior contributor and TMWC member.
- No longer actively contribute.
- Allowed to vote/post as TMWC.
The Mana World Team: The Mana World Advisers: