[DIS] Collection of forgotten stuff

The general development forum for topics that are not specific to a single project, or ones that specifically relate to two or more projects collectively.

Forum rules

Welcome to the Home of Development!

The Mana World has multiple projects under development and most of these projects have their own development forum. However, some assets may be developed which are for the benefit of more than one or no single specific project. This forum houses any such assets.

You can also post on this forum if you are unsure which other development forum your post belongs to. Forum staff will help you by moving your post to the most appropriate section.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: collection of forgotten stuff

Post by Reid »

Nard wrote:
Reid wrote:
wushin wrote:It would be great if someone with knowledge of the images used for UFB and TAW content could go through and post which images manaworld developers can use based on image file licenses..
Evol Online (precisly Alige and sometimes me)is working on grouping all of these informations through an open repository on github.
We already done this kind of work for the entiere Evol Online content, but Alige is now working on doing this job for all of the work done on TMW, TMW-Br, TAW, TMW-UFB, Evol, WOA, LoF, etc etc...
We're also working on changing the main license of these artwork from GPLv2 to CC BY-SA 3.0 through an agreement of authors and contributors of all of these artists to relicense their work under a multi-license.

Here how it has been done on Evol Online, every gfx and sfx has been written down on this file: https://www.gitorious.org/evol/clientda ... er/LICENSE
Reidy Alige thats a nice work! would you mind If I put that on TMW wiki (and link as well)?
Alige is working on a larger version of this LICENSE file, it's probably better to wait for that one.
But yes you're free to link anything from our repository. ^^
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I will soon be done with the work I have started a long time ago. This work basically consists in finding the author (in consequence the license) of all of the graphics used in TMW (I will not deal with musics nor sound effects, that is too much work). Art not used in TMW will not be mentionned, if you have any questions about unused art that is not in the TMW clientdata github repository, send me a PM.

Sadly, some of the art was only posted throughout IRC thus I am not aware of all the authors. In addition, I was not able to find the artists of some of the very old art. I did my best looking throughout the whole forum, considering its size.

The reason of this work is to move from the GPL license to the CC BY-SA 3.0. On an artist point of view, it only changes the fact that people who uses your art need to put your name as original artist. Contributors can also be written down. At least, this is what we did in the Evol Online server.

Feel free to help me with this work if you are an artist and do accept to the dual licensing GPL & CC BY-SA 3.0 if not done already. Thanks a lot!

--Alige
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Alige,

if you have a byte-by-byte identical file to search for, I may be able to do magic to search the forum efficiently. Or maybe you could use google search-by-image.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

o11c wrote:Alige,

if you have a byte-by-byte identical file to search for, I may be able to do magic to search the forum efficiently. Or maybe you could use google search-by-image.
I have very few graphics without an author, I'll keep on searching, don't worry. And even if some artists are missing, it's still better than nothing!
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

I came across a few very interesting mob spritesheets/xml files over in this thread

and some more over here

There are also tilesets for some kind of savannah town over here which was linked to in the first thread.
:alt-3:

edit: added a few links
Last edited by straelyn on 30 Jul 2013, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
end of line.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

I stumbled upon some thermin tilesets (by lien) over here:

town exterior

cave

in addition to a town interior over here:

the overall idea for the town was layed out in the first post of that thread over here.

therminators ftw! :)
end of line.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

it seems there were some additions made to the crypt-fringe tileset (by salmondine and nmaligec) over in this thread around early 2011, adding some broken glass and some candelabras:

edit: although it appears to be missing a casket
end of line.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Great, thank you. Keep this up! :)
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

so I'm browsing around old threads the other day, and I came across something known as The Trozz. I tweaked some (very minor) alignment/spacing issues in the spritesheet, and wrote an xml animation for it.

edit: added alternate .xml animation using "disturbance" sequences
Attachments
the-trozz.xml
alternate .xml animation for "The Trozz"
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
the-trozz.xml
.xml animation for "The Trozz"
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
spritesheet for "The Trozz"
spritesheet for "The Trozz"
the-trozz.png (80.45 KiB) Viewed 8039 times
end of line.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Trust me, this work is far from being finished, that's why I reduced and completed the spritesheet of the Trozz already. Have a look there: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 97#p126797
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

I found a wonderful musical track by chicka-maria over in this old thread called In My Heart. It's really quite lovely, and I felt it deserved mentioning. It seems like it would go along with the savannah tilesets rather well, but that's just my opinion.

Also, while I was poking around, I found some unused music over on durianus' soundcloud page ("dimond's cove" and "ice continent"). I could see either one going well w/ the thermin tilesets. What better way to inspire mappers than with music 8)

In addition to all that, there's a thread over here with some background music and soundfx for the reaper quest.

Thank you everyone for your contributions.
end of line.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

I was search around for a gladiator helmet in the forums recently, and I came across this thread, with visor helmet, gladiator helmet, herb crown, burglar mask, and more.
end of line.
SnackDay
Newly Registered User

Post by SnackDay »

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Deprecated trello work so it's not forgotten:

https://trello.com/b/ojhvZu1f/content-development

https://trello.com/b/rNnx513z/art-development

Feel free to grab anything from here and work it in game.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: collection of forgotten stuff [DIS]

Post by gumi »

Veryape sent this stuff
Attachments
pipe.xml
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
pipe-icon.png
pipe-icon.png (556 Bytes) Viewed 7120 times
pipe.png