cave and other additions (Yosuhara)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

cave and other additions (Yosuhara)

Post by yosuhara »

i just did a little "web" modification to cave entrance

Last edited by yosuhara on 26 Feb 2008, 13:25, edited 3 times in total.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Apart from webs (by non-cafeinated spiders) are spiral shaped I think it's a bit too present/thick. The opacity should be a bit lower. Also it would be better to have the web in from of a dark cave passage, the one below the back-lit entrance.
About the arc of the threads, the all arc towards the centre of the web. I think this isn't very logical as there is no force pulling the centre of the threads in that direction. They should bend a bit down maybe, so the top two sigments are good.

Apart from all that I like the idea and it looks nice and sharp. It's always good to have the presence of certain monsters reflected by the enviroment. It makes them fit in better.

One a side note, maybe a web like this would be nice to at least do the basic shape in an SVG format.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

maybe this could be a new weapon: hammer
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

I'd like to see a flail too (big stick with a ball and chain) then I could swing it around and kill everything around me :D.
All your base are belong to us.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

knivey wrote:I'd like to see a flail too (big stick with a ball and chain) then I could swing it around and kill everything around me :D.
and here it is: Flail with and without spikes

any suggestions?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

yosuhara wrote:Image

Wow, looking really great. I love the chain and the spiked version. Maybe the spikes could use some better shading. But it looks a lot better then the hammer. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Modanung wrote:
yosuhara wrote:Image

Wow, looking really great. I love the chain and the spiked version. Maybe the spikes could use some better shading. But it looks a lot better then the hammer. :)
what shading on spikes exactly? it's width is only 1 pixel... there can't be much shades :)
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

the old modified cave set with new bone tiles...

Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Yeah, besides, the weapons need icons too.

"I'd like to see a flail too..."
Why do i feel as though every piece of artwork i contribute goes vastly unnoticed and more importantly unused?
Made that a few months ago... no one replied. Awesome avatar though, Knivey. Take off every 'zig'.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ultim wrote:Why do i feel as though every piece of artwork i contribute goes vastly unnoticed and more importantly unused?
I remember that one... vagely. :)
It's nice, eventhough I have to admit I like Yosuhara's better. But we could use both.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

another weapon icon: machete

and i have made some new additions to the cave - empty or "occupied" prison. These are all of my cave additions so far, in one picture:

Last edited by yosuhara on 24 Apr 2006, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yosuhara wrote:another weapon icon: machete

and i have made some new additions to the cave - empty or "occupied" prison. These are all of my cave additions so far, in one picture:

I think the bars don't fit in very well into the background. mostly because they are too bright but you also ignored the shape of the stone wall.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:
yosuhara wrote:another weapon icon: machete

I think the bars don't fit in very well into the background. mostly because they are too bright but you also ignored the shape of the stone wall.
hmmm, maybe :)
how can i fix it?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

first you should remove the grey bricks. they don't fit at all. when you really insist on the bricks you should at least give them a color similar to the surrounding.

then note that there are rocks in the background that are further in the front and some that are further in the back. when the parts of the rocks that are in the front would overlap the frame of the gate a little bit, the gate would look much better integrated into the scenery.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Making the bricks match the cave? What, did the maker of the dungeon have a dayjob as an interior decorator? I'd imagine the bricks would be the color of whatever-bricks-they-could-find. Not that i disagree with you; you can't say something would look bad in game until you see how it turns out.