Economy, PK, Stealing and PVP System.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Economy, PK, Stealing and PVP System.

Post by LedStyle »

Hi there,

I've posted in wrong place, so i will post here again so we can discuss this much better.

This is my suggestion for implement in This game. Well, its really hard to do, but we all can help and create the best MMORPG ever.

I think the best system of MMORPG ever is Ultima Online. The Ultima Online Economy has been elect the 5º best economy of the World (not agains other games, but agains other REAL countries).

I Think the best rules are:

1 - PVP need be implemented in my oppinion. This will take the game much more cool.
2 - Stealing loot permited. I think if one player dies, all inventory need stay on his body. When he born again, need go to his body and take you inventory.
3 - If any player loots another player, he will stay with "thief status" and his name will appear in gray. This status can stay with the player for 5 minutes, but when he is in Gray status, anyone can kill him because he is a criminous.
4 - If any player kills another player with blue status (not thief but a good player) his status need stay red and he will be a PK (Player Killer). Any other player can kill them to, and loot his body for free.
5 - The cities are protected by NPC guards. If any player with red stats (PK) enter in a city, any player can call the guards. The guards kill the player instantly. If a gray status player appear in a city and another player call for guards, the player (a thief) will be arrest. In Ultima Online, many shards implement a penal system. For time or with work to get out from the jail.
6 - Some cities have no guards, and its called "PKs cities".
7 - Some dungeons need have guards protection for noobs starting.
8 - A bank is really needed to put rare itens and for if you die, noones can loot.

In Ultima Online we have a lot of jobs, but not the Ragnarok Jobs. In UO we can be fisher, carpentry, blacksmith, cook, sewer, animal tammer and many other. In UO we harve (i dont know how do this in english) the tree to get wood, create an pole, kill some sheeps, get the wool, create a coat and make a fisher pole. So we fish, with wood make fire, cook the fish and eat, because when we are hungry we cannot work or fight.

So this is just a little part of we can do in Ultima Online. I think this style of system is the better. PVP in some areas, another areas with guards, hungry system, jobs to get money but with 1 differente: Level points. Yeah, because in UO we cant distribute the experience points. If you fight with a sword, automaticaly you will learn more abou swordsmanship, etc.

And in UO you can make party and clãs with friends, and you can buy a house for you. You place the house in any locations of the world and put your itens, buy tables, chairs, beds, and lots of stuff. Its really cool.

I Think we need a big world and mount horses to travel to. Magic system to, of course!

One more thing... In UO the price of any itens are not static. When much people buy some iten, his price ups. Its amazing system. Look>

Link: http://www.mine-control.com/zack/uoecon/uoecon.html
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Ok Im going to paste my replies from the other thread here. :)
----------------------------

No, no and no.Your suggestions will make it much more PvP oriented and in my opinion that will create more pain than fun.

PvP can be fun but I think it should only be allowed in a arena or other such place.

We already have a bank.But it's not finished yet :(

I dont like your thieving rules either.It's to easy to pick up someone elses loot if you kill something at the spot next to a monster that another player kills.You simply cant tell what loot belongs to a player in a situation like that.

No hunger system.It's a pain to have to carry around food and feed your character all the time.
Maybe a mount.Maybe.As it is now I cant really see how that can be implemented regarding the scale of your character and the surrounding environment.

----------------------------------------------
LedStyle wrote:Well, the steal system and PVP its the better system if you think like an RPG game. Its a real system, but some players have fear to lost some itens, but this make the game much more emotive, i think.

And sorry if i post in the wrong place. I've just see lots of post in this thread talking about looting, botts and pvp, so i post.

Sorry guys.

Steal system and "unrestricted" PvP will alienate a lot of people.I know I hate it.This is just my opinion but things like a steal system and to much PvP tend to attract the less than mature players.Players that like those things are usually the kind of players I avoid.

---------------------------------------------------
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

i am not the friend of PvP too, i would rather restrict PvP only to arena...

(tmw should be a game of peace and understanding :))
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Well im a democratic man. Ive just suggest this. So please comment what u think about that.

I bellieve in this PVP System because in many noobs dungeons and cities the guards is allways alert. So we will have PKs only far away of the system and in the hard dungeons.
I think one player are free to do anything in a MMORPG, and this include kill other to. And we will have many countries in the game, many clãs and rivals. 1 clã can declare war agains other and this is fascinant!
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

to hunger system: yes i agree that hunger is not a good option for mana world, on the other side it would be nice to have a thirst characteristic, restricted onlz to desert (or wasteland) area. With this would be long traveling through desert more, i don't know.. funny? or realistic?
(at least it won't be just a piece of cake like now...)

i'm awaiting your reactions :)
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

LedStyle wrote:Well im a democratic man. Ive just suggest this. So please comment what u think about that.

I bellieve in this PVP System because in many noobs dungeons and cities the guards is allways alert. So we will have PKs only far away of the system and in the hard dungeons.
I think one player are free to do anything in a MMORPG, and this include kill other to. And we will have many countries in the game, many clãs and rivals. 1 clã can declare war agains other and this is fascinant!
and what about a "challenge" option? For example u can challenge another person (u probably hate or despise) and if this person accept a challenge, the fight can be hold anytime, anywhere these players will choose...
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Well i like your idea.

But a still want the other option. Look, any player can kill any other, but you need know about 2 things:

1 - Only in some placs this is permitted. Just in places it have no guards
2 - The assassin will be red and will not enter in cities and protected places for a long time (i suggest 1 day per kill, or a way to he pays for each kill a big quanty of money).
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

yosuhara wrote:to hunger system: yes i agree that hunger is not a good option for mana world, on the other side it would be nice to have a thirst characteristic, restricted onlz to desert (or wasteland) area. With this would be long traveling through desert more, i don't know.. funny? or realistic?
(at least it won't be just a piece of cake like now...)

i'm awaiting your reactions :)

This would be fun.The need to have food and drink in extreme environments is a good one.
Hmm.How would this work if a fast travel feature like teleportation is implemented?Maybe by putting some mid to high level locations in those extreme environments and have better rewards if you do quests or raid a dungeon there?
A oasis or something where you could stock up on drink/food could give a nice touch.
Just dont make those places grinding places.The reason to go there should be quests or equipment.

yosuhara wrote:
LedStyle wrote:Well im a democratic man. Ive just suggest this. So please comment what u think about that.

and what about a "challenge" option? For example u can challenge another person (u probably hate or despise) and if this person accept a challenge, the fight can be hold anytime, anywhere these players will choose...

Maybe.Please dont make the challenge system like in world of warcraft where you get spammed with challenges in some places.I think you should have to flag yourself to receive challenges.

Im not sure it would be a good idea having PKs running around in out of the way places.Probably that would make me avoid them and therefore miss some of the "good stuff".
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Economy, PK, Stealing and PVP System.

Post by Platyna »

LedStyle wrote:Hi there,

I've posted in wrong place, so i will post here again so we can discuss this much better.

This is my suggestion for implement in This game. Well, its really hard to do, but we all can help and create the best MMORPG ever.

I think the best system of MMORPG ever is Ultima Online. The Ultima Online Economy has been elect the 5º best economy of the World (not agains other games, but agains other REAL countries).

I Think the best rules are:

1 - PVP need be implemented in my oppinion. This will take the game much more cool.
Of course it needs to be implemented, as soon we gain artists to make us PVP maps. Because that's what is keeping my hands tied up.
2 - Stealing loot permited. I think if one player dies, all inventory need stay on his body. When he born again, need go to his body and take you inventory.
There will be never all item loss, perhaps some random factor of loosing particular items.
3 - If any player loots another player, he will stay with "thief status" and his name will appear in gray. This status can stay with the player for 5 minutes, but when he is in Gray status, anyone can kill him because he is a criminous.
And a person how had their item stolen will run after him and beg him to give item back? Nah, who found - takes.
4 - If any player kills another player with blue status (not thief but a good player) his status need stay red and he will be a PK (Player Killer). Any other player can kill them to, and loot his body for free.
I will think about it. Some penalty for being a murderer is a good idea.
5 - The cities are protected by NPC guards. If any player with red stats (PK) enter in a city, any player can call the guards. The guards kill the player instantly. If a gray status player appear in a city and another player call for guards, the player (a thief) will be arrest. In Ultima Online, many shards implement a penal system. For time or with work to get out from the jail.
Good idea if we find a person who is going to code this.
6 - Some cities have no guards, and its called "PKs cities".
Actually there is a plan to have no PK maps where strong players can do with each other what they want, it will develop some fierce rules among players. You entered a PK map? Then bear with item loss etc.
7 - Some dungeons need have guards protection for noobs starting.
Well, I think cities and some newbie maps will be such places.
8 - A bank is really needed to put rare itens and for if you die, noones can loot.
It is AFAIK planned.

We want to have jobs, classes and pathes, we are not going to use RO server forever (because it is crap), anyway we are not going to clone UO either.

Regards.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Item loss?That's not fun.If I run the risk of loosing some hard to get item I'll certainly avoid PvP.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

i recommend to restrict PvP only for arena (not whole PvP maps...i don't like that idea)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Item loss means items available to be looted, if you first come on place of your death then you wont loose anything. ;)

Regards.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Platyna wrote:Item loss means items available to be looted, if you first come on place of your death then you wont loose anything. ;)

Regards.

Wouldnt the victor be the closest player?And therefore the player to get the item?That means that 99.9% of the time I'll lose the item.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Well... guys i really want help making maps. But ive never done this before. If anyone help me i can create lots of maps.

And another suggestion. Maybe you, guys, dont like this stealing system, but a suggest the creation of them. Well, maybe you dont use in the official server, but the idea insnt create a free game with free server?

Someone here speak Portuguese? If yes please add me on ICQ/MSN.

So, any other can create another sever with diferent configuration...

maybe...

tks
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Dont get me wrong.That I dont like your ideas doesnt mean I dont want to hear more of them.After all you have to have discussions like this to find out what kind of game we want TMW to be. :)

The nice thing with being so early in development is that we can test some of those ideas and see if we like them. :)
Hopefully. ;)