My first map

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

LedStyle
Peon
Peon

My first map

Post by LedStyle »

Hey guys... im trying learn how to create maps fot TMW. So please tellme if this map is OK or not.

Im just trying learn how to do.

Its an simple arena.

Here the arena without the collision layer.

And here the final work.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

how do they get in?
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Well im thinking in a PVP map. So the players need to be teleported. And theres no exit (alive). Good for a champinship.

But im working in a jungle now. In another map...
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It doesn't need any physical entrance, we may use some NPCs for this. Unless you want to make some physicial entrance - it is all fine with me.

Regards.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Can i use any other tiles posted here in forum?

Or only the tiles with the game?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

You should join #themanaworld or #tmwdev on IRC and speak with a person nicknamed tobiasgall - since he also declared to help with this map. And about tiles - I think if they will work correctly you may use them but people to decide are Rotonen and Modanung. Anyway that would be nice if that map were bigger than only one room (if possible)...

Regards.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

I don't see why not I think it would make it look lots better. I like how it is looking so far but will that enough space for players to move around?
All your base are belong to us.
tobiasgall
Peon
Peon

Post by tobiasgall »

Platyna wrote:You should join #themanaworld or #tmwdev on IRC and speak with a person nicknamed tobiasgall
A forum message / an email would be better, because I'm in irc very infrequently. My adress: tmw (at) tobiasgall (dot) de

About the size:
I think it's a 1on1 map, so the size would be great for sword fights (like a close combat only map).
Don't know which magic skills tmw will have, so it's hard to calculate a good size.

But I think my arena would be a little bigger (my concept currently has two rooms), but it doesn't remind of an arena. It's more like a small dungeon - with stairs etc.
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be nice!
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

Yea I suppose players shouldn't have to figure out a maze just for pvp combat :p
tobiasgall
Peon
Peon

Post by tobiasgall »

Several arenas would be great.
Like a wooden arena in forest, an underwater arena at the coast, a lava arena in a volcano, ...

I will create an arena entrance by a locked door. So you can't escape while battles, but players can enter and leave it.
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be nice!
knivey
Novice
Novice

spectating

Post by knivey »

what about an area for spectators
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Re: spectating

Post by yosuhara »

knivey wrote:what about an area for spectators
very good idea, when the championship will begin there should be some audience not only fighters
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Well, it is supposed to be an arena, so my only demand for this place is to look like arena - with places for spectators etc. Making different flights, additional rooms and other things would be also great but I do not insist on this.

Regards.