I thought that "TMWC" is now to set rules...

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: I thought that "TMWC" is now to set rules...

Post by meway »

Platyna wrote:I never gave a permission to "do whathever they want" and I never gave a permission to copy the files from the server. The permission I granted was to update the files.

A guy who owns domain name left this project in 2007 and had little interest in it since then.

Regards.
The files in question are GPL and you are not the Author of these files. You were a host. That is no different from being a landlord. You could evict the project from your machine if you wanted just like we can move out any time we wanted. No damage to your machine was done during the move as we can see all your data remains in tact. We don't owe you anything as you never charged us for any services. We didn't need your permission to pack our activities and leave. You gave access to your server to people over the internet you hardly knew. That doesn't give me the impression you cared about my safety and security or anyone elses in this project. While we are talking about this access, as far as I'm aware, you didn't provide any terms of service to these people. By giving them access to your machine you gave them permission to copy any and all data from your machine that they had access to. The more I talk to you on irc the more I realize you will never budge from your perspective and you refuse to be co-operative with anyone about anything during any point. You try to make demands but refuse requests. We accept that your services helped allot for the project. It helped even more when you chose to be active. There is more to being a host than keeping a machine online. Because you were not able to communicate appropriately with the project you were hosting it made us see you as a bad choice for a host. Because of you wanting to control everything communication was made necessary in order for technical matters to remain stable. When you stopped communicating appropriately and promptly you became an unreliable host and we moved on.

I can see that you want to remain a part of tmw and I see that you want people to know how you were hurt during the move. This thread isn't the right way to do it. Take your own advice "<Platyna> meway: Well first develop something and then ask for the access." First be productive and than call yourself part of tmw.
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

*hands platyna the invisible scepter of destruction and crown of rage*

welcome sister :>

how i love trouble :alt-8: :alt-5: :alt-7:
*wool producing*
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

User files belongs to the users and a service provider they signed up to, there was a discussion about that in the other thread but of course it was locked. ;)

Regards.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

You just don't get it do you woman? You are no longer: needed, wanted or almost welcome here anymore. You have your own forums that you can stomp around in and kick around anyone you like. See your name, it's not red here...it brings no fear and no respect. Why you haven't just been banned by now, has shown incredible patience on TMWC's part for dealing with people like you.

By now, surely even someone like you can see that you will never ever be welcome to this project again? You've successfully torched the ever living s*ht out of that bridge. It has already been shown that they in fact let you know well ahead of what was going on; there was no secret stealing of files that you are trying to make people believe. You were given notice of a week ahead and did nothing to voice your opinions until you logged in one day and found yourself stripped of your GM powers. Who's fault was that?

Have fun making your fork and playing with your handful of players. Quit lying to the players here, keep your opinions to yourself and stop trying to break our nice things. It's only going to get you kicked out permanently in the end.

:alt-2:
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Platyna wrote:User files belongs to the users and a service provider they signed up to, there was a discussion about that in the other thread but of course it was locked. ;)

Regards.
You said /and/ so your point is invalid.
Whistler
Peon
Peon

Post by Whistler »

Platyna is needed more than ever to defend the point of those who still
have a problem understanding the move.
Not at ease with english, neither lurking in the forums for years.
I need to read what she has to say, she can defend my points
and others, better than i do.

Not all was said, some threads closed so it is not over.
http://themanaworld.net/ a well known host for real players.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Whistler wrote:Platyna is needed more than ever to defend the point of those who still
have a problem understanding the move.
Not at ease with english, neither lurking in the forums for years.
I need to read what she has to say, she can defend my points
and others, better than i do.

Not all was said, some threads closed so it is not over.
Platnya seems to fail to understand the reasons for the move herself. So why would you want to hear it from her again? If you have questions ask the people who made the move, not the person who is butthurt over it.

:alt-2:
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

As Game Masters are moderators of this forum, I'm locking this down. Its pointless. If someone wishes to know Platyna's side of the story, its plastered across several threads multiple times.

BC

PS: Be nice
sexy red bearded GM