Blocking passage

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Blocking passage

Post by LedStyle »

Hey guys... theres a player blocking the passage. And we cant pass.

Look

And the mine to:

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It is known issue. I already asked to make the passage wider, let's home anyone answers to my request.

Regards.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

We also have planned to add the possibility to walk through players.
But yea, the passage needs to be wider as well.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

wider? i dont think that will solve anything. if these little pricks get there jollies off of blocking the path then there is a possibility that they will get friends to help them and if the path is wider...then just put more people in front of the path. i think the walk through people idea is a better idea
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

haggard wrote:wider? i dont think that will solve anything. if these little pricks get there jollies off of blocking the path then there is a possibility that they will get friends to help them and if the path is wider...then just put more people in front of the path. i think the walk through people idea is a better idea
Well they do need more people. Also the path is sometimes blocked by monsters as well. They can't be blamed because the brainless fools just hop around at random. If the passage would be wider the chance of creatures blocking it would decrease a lot. Which gets me to another topic of a thing we need and we already thought about, tiles that monsters to randomly walk to. Just saying this so nobody else gets this bright idea unnecessarely. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

how can you block the cave entrance?!?!?! wouldn't he have to ENTER the cave when he walks in front of it
All your base are belong to us.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

haggard wrote:wider? i dont think that will solve anything. if these little pricks get there jollies off of blocking the path then there is a possibility that they will get friends to help them and if the path is wider...then just put more people in front of the path. i think the walk through people idea is a better idea
Then I will log in and ban them.
Suggestion of passage entrance solution:
http://platyna.platinum.linux.pl/misc/s11.png

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 31 Mar 2006, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

PvP would solve this too
All your base are belong to us.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

knivey wrote:PvP would solve this too
Violence doesn't solve everything.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Violence is never a solution but can be entertainment. =;}

Regards.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

knivey wrote:PvP would solve this too
Yes! PVP its the bes way to solve this i think. And its the most real to.

And this idea to players walk through other players is not very good. Imagine lots of players in the same title stoped!

I have a suggestion. Maybe a stamina system. If you force to pass through other player, you can, but lose stamina. And if you run to (we can run more faster in the game). The stamina recover automaticaly with time, and more faster when seated.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

And this idea to players walk through other players is not very good. Imagine lots of players in the same title stoped!
I guess what is being suggested is that a player can walk thru another but stand in the same tile... which is not realistic at all but it is a good solution.
PVP will bring more problems than solutions IMHO, what if the player should be able to just pass the corridor without having to fight with every moron that wants to block the way.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

how about giving people the ability to push or drag each other to get people out of the way?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Crush wrote:how about giving people the ability to push or drag each other to get people out of the way?

Do you have the remotest idea of how irritating that could get? If that is possible a lot of idiots will run around and drag/push random people.
And if one player is blocking a narrow passage and you could drag/push him/her away I can assure you that the blocking player will find "friends" and block that passage anyway.

I honestly dont think more player vs player interaction is the solution to many of the "problems" discussed on this forum.I have bad experiences with that.There are simply to many idiots that play online.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

you can solve this by Autowalk... click on a area which is walkable and could be reached from your position, but the way is blocked... For example click on the cave entrance... then logoff and relogin.

After the login you are standing on the new position :)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(