Hitchhiker towel for candor?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Taurus
Newly Registered User

Hitchhiker towel for candor?

Post by Taurus »

How about a hitchhikers towel for candor :?:
radiant
Novice
Novice

Re: Hitchhiker towel for candor?

Post by radiant »

On that subject, can the warp towels be disabled in Candor, at least while a match is going on?

In one of the fights today, it was down to the final round, and I was the last survivor left. With a minute left to run out from the clock, a group of monsters managed to catch up to me briefly, and took out a good chunk of health, but not enough to end the game. However, I did want to heal up one more time to ensure I could outlast the time limit, and I went to press Keypad 8 which is my hotkey for a water bottle. Instead, I ended up hitting Keypad 9...which was a warp towel, sending me out of the cave and ending the fight in a most unusual fashion.

The idea behind the cave is once you enter and start the game, you're not getting out easily. For example, if I tried to walk out the north exit, I would be blocked and the game would go on. The warp towels similarly have limits on their power, preventing you from warping out of places like the bot check map or Luvia's house. Why, then, is it possible to abandon an in-progress Candor fight that way?
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Radiant, could you not just disable the shortcut keys before a Candor battle, beats a game rewrite at Candor!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

prsm wrote:Radiant, could you not just disable the shortcut keys before a Candor battle, beats a game rewrite at Candor!
Won't need to rewrite the game, just add that location to the towel's exclusion list.
Taurus
Newly Registered User

Post by Taurus »

radiant wrote:On that subject, can the warp towels be disabled in Candor, at least while a match is going on?
I thought that the towel warp you to the island from candor not direct into the cave.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Taurus wrote:
radiant wrote:On that subject, can the warp towels be disabled in Candor, at least while a match is going on?
I thought that the towel warp you to the island from candor not direct into the cave.
It does. Radiant wants warping from the cave to be blocked.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I have a patch to expose mapflags - towels should check nowarp instead of maintaining an explicit exclusion list.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I added Candor and the Yeti battle cave to the exclusion list of the towels: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... f9f463aa86
o11c wrote: I have a patch to expose mapflags - towels should check nowarp instead of maintaining an explicit exclusion list.
Once that is in, we can adapt the towel scripts.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Taurus wrote:How about a hitchhikers towel for candor :?:
When we intoduced the hitchhiker towels, we intentionally didn't add Candor to the places you can reach with a towel. You can easily use the docks from Hurnscald to reach it.