Real money trade

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

How should the TMW committee deal with people who trade ingame money or items agains real money?

Support it
9%
Ignore it
32%
Oppose it
58%

Total votes: 65
Syzlack
Novice
Novice

Re: Real money trade

Post by Syzlack »

Honestly I don't care if someone buy an account, also the player who sell the account must played TMW before and at the other hand people are so stupid to rely on someone behind a keyboard who can easly rip you off. Also I gotta mention that this is a "free" game and if someone is earning some money that is not right as is gaining some cash out of a non-profit game
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The Committee made an internal poll. The majority of the committee members are currently against a rule. Arguments made against such a rule are either that it couldn't be enforced anyway or that they don't see anything wrong with it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Does this cover all real world exchanges for in game gold; Currency, Sexual Favors, Baked Goods, etc.?
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

wushin wrote:Does this cover all real world exchanges for in game gold; Currency, Sexual Favors, Baked Goods, etc.?
Yes, the rule as discussed was worded to include in-game items as well as characters, and real life goods or services as well as money.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

Good decision :)

Again i'd like to suggest some kind of readme, disclaimer, rule or the like, presented to the players, stating that tmw team is not responsible for such deals and do not support them. Else it might end in tmw team responsible for tracking down some malicious impostors, or, even worse, being hold responsible for some compensations.

This is just a hint, since i'm not in the tmw team and personally am out of scope for this :)
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Agreed. What people do is their own business. For instance TMWC should not get involved should anyone get scammed or plundered in a transaction. Buyer Beware!
Head of the TMW Illuminati