Tarq wrote a book!

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Tarq wrote a book!

Post by chaslinux »

Some of you know me in game as Tarq. A few of you probably know me from my Mana World blog posts at http://www.charlestmw.blogspot.ca/. And a group might know me from the (former) Auldsbel server (which is actually secretly running again at auldsbel.org).

Well I went and wrote a book for Packt Publishing about XBMC media center called Instant XBMC. Packt has it available in eBook format on their site as well as links to Amazon where it's available in eBook and printed edition. You can find the book here: http://bit.ly/18Ipwxo
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Re: Tarq wrote a book!

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Congratulations Chaslinux/Tarq :D
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Johanne Laliberté wrote:Congratulations Chaslinux/Tarq :D
Thank you Johanne, especially nice coming from a fellow Québécois ;-) (Mind you I haven't lived in Quebec since 1976). I did "go home" this summer visiting family on the Gaspe coast and spent a night in old Quebec City. Wonderful holiday.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I am planning to buy the book, doubt i will understand it!

prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
cinderweb
Peon
Peon

Post by cinderweb »

I'll buy a copy but like Prsm I doubt I'll understaand much of it. What made you decide to write a book anyway?

Skragar
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

I had to do something with my B.A. to justify the money spent on an education that had little relevence to my current job. (*joking*).

It's just one of those things I always wanted to do. I've been writing about The Mana World for a few years and computer recycling-related topics longer in addition to writing a monthly column for Full Circle Magazine (an Ubuntu Linux mag) and it was kind of a natural transition to write a book.

Plus I really like XBMC, it's a great media center program and it's completely free (as in speech and beer). I love being able to sit through a trilogy (though to be honest I usually get through a couple of episodes and fall asleep) without having to get up (major couch potatoe, not really...). I have way too many DVDs and it's a convenient way of packing them all up in boxes and never needing to pull them out.

Thanks for the support everyone! I've said it many times on Tarq's Mana World Adventure that the TMW community is full of wonderful people!