ManaPlus features

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Re: ManaPlus features

Post by alastrim »

I don't know if it happens only with me, but sometimes I get tired of clicking too many times in that "+" icon to raise my stats, specially when I intend to put a specific high value, like 90 for str.

Maybe there could be an option to put a value manually, if you don't want to just click the "+" icon.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

alastrim wrote:I don't know if it happens only with me, but sometimes I get tired of clicking too many times in that "+" icon to raise my stats, specially when I intend to put a specific high value, like 90 for str.

Maybe there could be an option to put a value manually, if you don't want to just click the "+" icon.
Could be a bit tricky, especially if the value you put can't be reached...
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Alige wrote:Could be a bit tricky, especially if the value you put can't be reached...
There's only one feasible option in that case and it's not undesireable: to get as close to it as possible.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

o11c wrote:
Alige wrote:Could be a bit tricky, especially if the value you put can't be reached...
There's only one feasible option in that case and it's not undesireable: to get as close to it as possible.
"I need 10 points here!"
*accidentally writes 100*
*DOOM*

Or do we have a "confirm" button for when we change stats? I can't remember.

TMW Team member

Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

I'd just like a close option for ALL npc opened dialog boxes. So that way in case you accidentally opened one, you could easily just close it and not have to go through the whole speech.

Oh also! The storage dialog box itself...could you make the first option be to open storage instead of the bank deposit option? Most of us talk to that NPC to store things not gold. I hardly know anyone who actually banks their gold away rather than just carrying it on their character.
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Dyna wrote:I'd just like a close option for ALL npc opened dialog boxes. So that way in case you accidentally opened one, you could easily just close it and not have to go through the whole speech.
Afaik it's already implemented with the "Close" button, isn't it?
Dyna wrote:Oh also! The storage dialog box itself...could you make the first option be to open storage instead of the bank deposit option? Most of us talk to that NPC to store things not gold. I hardly know anyone who actually banks their gold away rather than just carrying it on their character.
That's a script design issue, nothing related to the client, but you're right on it, it's better to put the "most used" option in first in such script's menu.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Reid wrote: Afaik it's already implemented with the "Close" button, isn't it?
However, what I was suggesting is that the Close Button be offered before you have to go digging through the npc dialog to close it. If you go to a NPC right now and click on them, you have to go through text and screens before you get to the option menu. Why can't there be a simple X button or something to close the box before you get to that menu screen? Just something to quick close it
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Dyna wrote:
However, what I was suggesting is that the Close Button be offered before you have to go digging through the npc dialog to close it. If you go to a NPC right now and click on them, you have to go through text and screens before you get to the option menu. Why can't there be a simple X button or something to close the box before you get to that menu screen? Just something to quick close it
I'd rather fix this in the NPC design instead. Allowing termination in the middle of a conversation makes things very difficult.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Displaying the taken damage from self-destructed mobs :wink:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Dyna wrote:I'd just like a close option for ALL npc opened dialog boxes. So that way in case you accidentally opened one, you could easily just close it and not have to go through the whole speech.
You wouldn't be annoyed if the story was interesting and fun... :mrgreen:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Jaxad0127 wrote:
Dyna wrote:
I'd rather fix this in the NPC design instead. Allowing termination in the middle of a conversation makes things very difficult.
Actually, any NPC conversation can be terminated at any time by logging out. Always keep that in mind when scripting NPC dialogs.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

always makes me laugh how off topic things go.

talking to npc's has nothing to do with manaplus, just saying...........
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Crush wrote: Actually, any NPC conversation can be terminated at any time by logging out. Always keep that in mind when scripting NPC dialogs.
Note also that logging out has other effects, such as wiping all temporary variables and warping out of nosave maps, that would be undesirable if they managed to be done on a still-logged-in player.

I have fixed a couple bugs by assuming that 'next' is atomic ... hm, iwbn if, sometime, there was a client-side 'next', so the server could send a whole set of messages at once. But that's a long-term, protocol-changing, feature, and tmwa is not quite ready for those.
Cassy wrote:Displaying the taken damage from self-destructed mobs :wink:
Filed as issue number 6.
Dyna wrote:Oh also! The storage dialog box itself...could you make the first option be to open storage instead of the bank deposit option? Most of us talk to that NPC to store things not gold.
Done.
Dyna wrote:I hardly know anyone who actually banks their gold away rather than just carrying it on their character.
(Some of us have alts)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I was so proud that I finally thought of some feature 4144 had missed (full access to automation features like /move).
Then I read the documentation.

Curse you, Red Baron!
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Frost wrote:I was so proud that I finally thought of some feature 4144 had missed (full access to automation features like /move).
Then I read the documentation.

Curse you, Red Baron!
Same you can get if open in help "chat commands" or same in chat command: "?commands"